What to put in car BoB

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
It's worth remembering that in the eyes of the law, your car/vehicle is deemed a public place, so that means you shouldn't really be leaving any cutting tools in there that aren't legal every day carry unless you can demonstrate good reason..

Leaving that aside I'd say non perishable food stuffs, a brew kit with maybe a gas stove (not to be used in the vehicle) and a reasonable set of spare clothing with decent footwear. And not forgetting a torch plus spare batteries.

Dave

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
In the UK a vehicle BoB has a high chance of being used when you are trapped in the vehicle due to snow. So things that allow you to function within the vehicle would be useful.

At risk of making assumptions, if you're planning proportions for 2 people, I'm guessing good odds that at least 1 of those is going to be female. So I would go with something like these to make things easier. Ditto the bags with the funky crystals to absorb the contents... Sorry, not the most glamorous of subjects.

Oh, and based on the rest of the list - More water (2L per person per day), and the ability to warm up something, even if it's just soup or tea will be a great boost for morale.

Consider some sort of large saw as well, something you can use to clear a fallen tree on a blocked road. Maybe some good rope, to go with it.

J

New and used from £2.95 :lol:

Might need to put them on the radiator for a bit ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE