What to expect from a Trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I dunno, I've some fairly exciting chillies in my time :eek: :censored:

:p

Aaahnow that I can connect to.

When you cannot count the number of scotch bonnets on one hand - you just know its going to clear your sinuses!

2919057677_355d258595.jpg

Red

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Surely this is a horses for courses debate?, use what you are comfortable with, it's the same as in so many things, what works for one doesn't work for the other?, personally i prefer the open fire, but that's not always possible, in which case my Swedish Army Trangia or a gas burner gets used depending on the location and circumstances im in.

As so many have said previously on this thread, whats the rush?, you are out there to enjoy the surroundings, so what if takes an extra 10 minutes to cook some food, surely that's 10 more minutes of quality time to be had?:D

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
What to expect from a Trangia?

Well I guess there's 2 main possibilities :

A few not very good meal and relegate to slow boiling in the bag or very simple meals and the expense of another cooking system.

Learning to adapt your cooking skills to an acohol stove, some very good meals and years of reliable service.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A couple of weeks ago we were at a battle re-enactment and I brewed up while standing chatting to a couple of folks (standing room only in the crowd). I was holding the jectboil in my hand for the 3 something minutes it took to boil 2 mugs of water. The brew kit was packed away back in my daysack before we had finished the brew. For an on-the-fly brewup, they are unbeatable.

Nearly (but not quite) as efficient as a thermos flask then Martyn? ;)

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No need to become personally offensive Martyn - you began by dismissing my opinions and you are entitled to just that - my opinions are just that - my opinions - yours are just that - yours, A little gentle poking of fun at one another is acceptable - but there is no call for personal abuse.

Please lets all accept a little "fun poking" but sheer rudeness is uncalled for

Red

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I like scotch bonnets ,you get the benefit of them twice.Once on the way in and once on the way out!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE