what the helle is this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
Toddy's thread reminded of the helle knife i aquired recently. Picked it up for a tenner at a local wartime type random surplas shop down some dark alley in bristol somewhere. I thought that price was pretty good, it's laminated, but thin and pretty flexible. It says: S.&S.HELLE, HOLMEDAL, NORGE on the blade (bit of a noob and took a picture of the wrong side!), and NORWAY on the sheath, which is split along the side (maybe it dried out or is even the wrong sheath, because it no longer fits).

The handle is stacked leather discs, and the pommel seems to be steel, but it's very chromy looking. It's a solid handle and very nice to use.

Does anyone have one of these? the guy in the shop said he got it a few years ago from a collector who had it for about 20 years, and i can't find one anywhere else so assume it could be even older. It'd be interesting to find out about it.

I noticed that the handle looks very similar to a knife of troy's, in the gallery.

cheers guys

helle8am.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
helle24sm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
That's a piece of junk. Very dangerous and could fall apart at any time. Better to sell it to me and get it out of circulation before it hurts someone. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE