What not to do (Slightly graphic)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Pah! That's nothing. Your finger is still attached. Call that a cut? Rubbish!

:lmao:

My last one was immediately after I thought "Well, I'll pack in for the night. I haven't even cut myself this time. Wait, I'll just remove that bit and.... owwww!"

Welcome to the club. Plus you will have a scar to impress the girls with now. Always assuming that they are impressed by clumsiness with a knife :lmao:

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Your mum should of said don't play with bears they bite :nofeed:scars Are good they remind us no mater how good we think we are with the knife is going to happen :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I did one across my index finger at your age - can still see the line several decades later!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I did one across my index finger at your age - can still see the line several decades later!

Wel that's a very comforting thought. But the real question here is did girls like this sign of clumsiness?

I know its a bear, I'm just having a joke with you. Its a mighty fine looking bear though, theres something about it which really pleasant. I'd leave it alone now, just as it is.

No. The bear can't win. Carving the paws is way to much fun too.

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
Pah! That's nothing. Your finger is still attached. Call that a cut? Rubbish!

:lmao:

My last one was immediately after I thought "Well, I'll pack in for the night. I haven't even cut myself this time. Wait, I'll just remove that bit and.... owwww!"

Welcome to the club. Plus you will have a scar to impress the girls with now. Always assuming that they are impressed by clumsiness with a knife :lmao:

Well you cant impress girls by saying: "I got this scar from losing concentration while carving". Make it more interesting..."I got this while defending myself from a wild animal, and I only had this sharp piece of random metal I found lying around to help me". That will get you plenty of admirers!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
super glue works wonders and will save you waiting up the hospital . eventually your skin pushes the glue out View attachment 20343View attachment 20344

The doctor in my village was still on duty luckily so I didn't have to go to the hospital.

Don't think superglue would have worked here you can't really see it in the picture but the upper piece of skin had rolled up to the inside so it had to either be stitched or it would have become a big hole that takes ages to heal...

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
fair enough mate I bet it stings like hell I hope you mend soon and finish the bear (slightly jealous of your whittling skills, knife making skills and a few others to be fair)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Niels, have just seen this. Looks a sore one but true to you the knife was sharp so should heal cleanly. And we've all got to have scars to show off at meets and that's a beauty - and not in an embarrassing place. (Not saying where my best scar is). Hope you heal up tight and quickly.
All the best,
Colin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE