What is your favourite UK legal carry bushcraft knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I know everyone on here has their favourite bushcraft knife (or favourite 20 bushcraft knives! ;) )
And I know that most would go for a fixed blade. Without a doubt, I would always choose a fixed blade if I could.
But I was wondering what people would take with them into the woods/on an expedition if they could only take an everyday UK legal carry knife. Sub 3 inches, non locking etc...
If you could only take one little folder (No axe/saw etc.) what would it be?

The kind of bushcraft tasks I'm thinking of would be all round/general camp tasks I guess. For example cutting bark, scraping birchbark, making feather sticks, skinning, making traps etc. Anything you can think of... (So no weaselling out of the question by saying horses for courses or anything like that.)

Sorry if this has been asked before (or a million times before :D )

Will

P.S.
I'm really keen to hear about people's beloved folders that haven't been made for 40 years/are only available in a cave in Siberia/were custom made in exchange for their immortal soul, but I'd also love to hear some cheap & easy to get hold of options too...

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The TBS Boar is a great knife and sub 3" folding.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107896&highlight=boar

IMAG2957_zpsfe492f8c.jpg

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I would love one of those swiss bianco farmers with the inbuilt firesteel alas they are out of stock for now

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've got a Victorinox huntsman and a small A.Wright and sons folder, pruning style, that matches my Woodlore clone :).
I don't really carry folding knives because my EDC is spent at school and that isn't a good idea! I too love the TBS, it's on the wish list ;).

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
This is my everywhere edc

its a queen sodbuster jr that stew put some wood scales on - razor sharp D2 convex blade

its always in my pocket

P1000696.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It'd be a toss up between my sword peasant mini or opinel.

The non-locking Opinel? That's just a lousy friction folder.

Even the Svord might be construed as a locking knife due the tang being trapped in the hand. Law says "readily foldable at all times". It's somewhat imprecise unfortunately.

UKPK G10 version for me, it's about as practical as a slippy can be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE