What is the most silly argument you have had

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Fi and I were in a supermarket to day when I had the most monumental rant over a 20p vine Tomato which I insisted she buy to go with her anchovies when she refused i went into a tizzy fit cussing and doing everything but laying stamping on the floor.but we kissed and made up.:eek:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
If a man is in a relationship with a woman and he is alone in the woods and has an opinion is he still wrong?

stonehippo

Forager
May 15, 2011
Birmingham
My father in law gave me some advice before marrying his daughter:
if you have an argument and find yourself in the right- apologise immediately and NEVER do it again.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
If a man is in a relationship with a woman and he is alone in the woods and has an opinion is he still wrong?

He's wrong even before he formed the opinion.......because he went off alone in the woods......esp since he still went even after his wife INSISTED she didn't mind him going (schoolboy error)

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Any ongoing argument with my wife..about whether penguins can fly!

She insists she saw a documentary once in which some of the penguins flew. She's since qualified it further by saying that they didn't fly in the way that most other birds do, more a kind of manic flapping like distressed chickens do...but that they still left the ground.

Despite myself, the kids, a variety of reference books, wildlife documentaries and t'internet...we're still wrong and she's right.I'm starting to think I'll need to ask David Attenburgh to pop over as an expert witness.

We had a similar argument many years ago that lasted for around 15 years. On the way past Loch Lomond, very early in our relationship, I pointed to an island and stated that wallabies lived there. She told me I was talking nonsense. Around 15 years later, while wandering around Kelvingrove Museum with the kids, I noticed an exhibit featuring a stuffed (or very lethargic) wallaby complete with a sign stating that some were resident on said island in Loch Lomond! Apparently she still has her doubts and believes myself and the staff at Kelvingrove have colluded in playing a trick on her. This has now inspired me and I do now plan on orchestrating some elaborate and convincing hoax requiring major planning and the co-operation of many.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Penguin wings use the EXACT same motion for flight as they do for swimming, however they can't have a sustained flight. They can slow their descent but they categorically cannot fly...unless your Mrs found a new species of penguin not yet discovered by science.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
First girlfriend, first night in our new house... everything unpacked and we'd had a meal, came to doing the dishes... we ended up in a blazing row, plates being smashed and pans thrown at my head. You'd think it was over who was doing dishes... and you'd be right... I wanted to do them and she wanted to do them. Some how that resulted in our first major argument and she solved the problem over who was doing the dishes... by the time she was done, there were no dishes left! :rolleyes:

Same girlfriend... on holiday in Spain... massive argument over a 'stolen' bag. Her point of argument, it was my fault because I should have kept an eye on it. My point of argument, it was on her shoulder and had been there all along. Despite it genuinely being on her shoulder, she continued to argue and even tried to involve a passing Spanish traffic warden, who she insisted was a policeman. The argument was only solved when I asked her what was in the bag... she gave me a list and I pulled everything on the list out of the bag on her shoulder. Apparently that made me a smart @rse! :p

Thinking back, I can't understand why I didn't marry her when I had the chance.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Any ongoing argument with my wife..about whether penguins can fly!

She insists she saw a documentary once in which some of the penguins flew. She's since qualified it further by saying that they didn't fly in the way that most other birds do, more a kind of manic flapping like distressed chickens do...but that they still left the ground.

Despite myself, the kids, a variety of reference books, wildlife documentaries and t'internet...we're still wrong and she's right.I'm starting to think I'll need to ask David Attenburgh to pop over as an expert witness.

We had a similar argument many years ago that lasted for around 15 years. On the way past Loch Lomond, very early in our relationship, I pointed to an island and stated that wallabies lived there. She told me I was talking nonsense. Around 15 years later, while wandering around Kelvingrove Museum with the kids, I noticed an exhibit featuring a stuffed (or very lethargic) wallaby complete with a sign stating that some were resident on said island in Loch Lomond! Apparently she still has her doubts and believes myself and the staff at Kelvingrove have colluded in playing a trick on her. This has now inspired me and I do now plan on orchestrating some elaborate and convincing hoax requiring major planning and the co-operation of many.

Well she's half right as the BBC did an April fools a few years back, this is the footage she saw no doubt. (They really can't fly).

[video=youtube;9dfWzp7rYR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4[/video]

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Penguins fly under water, -and they really do not care much about anything else.

Great auks (Who are the `real` penguins, dont forget.) Get free tickets on Icelandair.

So they can fly.

Does this make sense or is it just feather splitting?

quidditys_shore

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2014
Middlesbrough

Not only is he still wrong he's also not alone! He's with someone..... Mind goes back through the archives (as everything is recorded for evidence) for any single woman's name you may have said. You're having an affair with her & it's been going on since just days after you got together

Personally the most frequent little arguments are the woman (mother, sister & wife) all 100% they are right & ALWAYS have to have the last word....... So I always for a bit of fun add in a last word lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
My silliest argument actually happened just recently. I tried to explain to my boyfriend the difference between horns and antlers on animals, and that the moose grows new antlers every year. He pigheadedly refused to believe it until google confirmed it.
Oh, the shame...

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
First girlfriend, first night in our new house... everything unpacked and we'd had a meal, came to doing the dishes... we ended up in a blazing row, plates being smashed and pans thrown at my head. You'd think it was over who was doing dishes... and you'd be right... I wanted to do them and she wanted to do them. Some how that resulted in our first major argument and she solved the problem over who was doing the dishes... by the time she was done, there were no dishes left! :rolleyes:

Same girlfriend... on holiday in Spain... massive argument over a 'stolen' bag. Her point of argument, it was my fault because I should have kept an eye on it. My point of argument, it was on her shoulder and had been there all along. Despite it genuinely being on her shoulder, she continued to argue and even tried to involve a passing Spanish traffic warden, who she insisted was a policeman. The argument was only solved when I asked her what was in the bag... she gave me a list and I pulled everything on the list out of the bag on her shoulder. Apparently that made me a smart @rse! :p

Thinking back, I can't understand why I didn't marry her when I had the chance.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
My ex-wife held the view that when you used the word 'several' you were referring to seven or more items.

She wouldn't change that view despite me showing her dictionaries which clearly stated it meant more than two but not many.

Her response... the dictionaries were wrong because several used the first five letters of seven so it had to be seven or more items :rolleyes:

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
My ex-wife held the view that when you used the word 'several' you were referring to seven or more items.

She wouldn't change that view despite me showing her dictionaries which clearly stated it meant more than two but not many.

Her response... the dictionaries were wrong because several used the first five letters of seven so it had to be seven or more items :rolleyes:

I'm not sure which is worse, her pig headedness or inability to count. ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

I hope she never runs a shop with express checkouts... I can imagine the horror at the "Several Items Or Less" lane.:lmao:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm not sure which is worse, her pig headedness or inability to count. ;)

Opps... that was my mistake in counting the letters... and marrying her :eek: :lmao:

I hope she never runs a shop with express checkouts... I can imagine the horror at the "Several Items Or Less" lane.:lmao:

You jested but ironically the last I knew of her she was working for Sainsbury's as an online shopping picker and general store assistant :lmao::lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE