What i think is a rare old beast. HW55 springer.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all.

I was recently given an old HW55 springer with the Tyrolean stock.
So far I think its around 1974 ish and is in stunning condition for its age. Few scratches on the stock but the steel is in perfect nic.

Has anyone had one of these in the past? Does anyone have any idea what they are worth as i am unable to find a single one for sale?
It does seem like a very well made bit of kit especially given the fact its older than I am.

IMAG1027_BURST002.jpg

IMAG1028_BURST002.jpg

Very large cheek stock, very comfortable
IMAG1029_BURST002.jpg

Next to my Weirauch.
IMAG1030.jpg

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
That takes me back a bit, i yearned for one of those in my youth, great find and as you say it looks in fine fettle, you can tell by the nuts and bolts etc. on the photos that it hasn't been messed about with, i would take it to a dealer and have it chronoed and serviced if required, worth spending a few quid on that beauty if needed, bit of a rare beast in that condition, not sure of it's value but you will probably get some info on one of the airgun forums.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Takes me back too...I had the 55k when I was a kid, my dad didn't buy me a case so he tore his woodbine packet in half, put it over the trigger guard and sent me on my way dahn. Road!
Great gun:thumbup: nice find.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Didn't wait for the pics to load :eek: mine didn't have the cheek piece and it had a different barrel lock iirc. Mine was roughly 1983 ? Doh.... It's all coming back....mine could have been a hw 35 ???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE