What have you forraged lately?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rychard

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
cannock staffordshire
well not realy forragde but looked longinle ? at a wild bees nest in an old pine the cone was visable looked very full to many bees for my likeing on shoal hill a small common wood on the side of cannock chase :mosquitos not bees but as close as can find

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
I grabbed some prickly pears earlier today from behind the neighbors house, I did get his permission first. As the plants are on his property.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
over 4 1/2 kilos of blackberry's on the brambles behind my workshop (and probably as much to harvest again tonight if it stops raining.....) is nice picking them sat on the roof, :lmao:

1/2 is in the freezer and the other 1/2 jam so far......... any ideas for the next harvest? (and no need to suggest wine, I'm tea total )

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Plums! Zillions of them. Little red ones, and little yellow ones. The red ones make a fantastic plum sauce if you just reduce them to a thick syrup with nothing added.

Hathor

May 3, 2008
Prague
Two parasol mushromms and a pile of penny buns - looks like it will be a good season here.

Will post some recipes a bit later in the food section.

EddBamber

Tenderfoot
My next door neighboor has got plums and pears growing, I think a raid is on the cards.:pirate:
I have got some elderberries and blackberries though.

I think raid another over my neighbours 10ft wall is in order, he has a whole orchard full :D

I have never tasted an apple quite like his, its got a sharp taste and its really sweet last night i got attacked by a wasp that had seemingly built a home in a rotten apple. I grabbed the apple not realising it had about 5million wasps inside...

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
couple of kilos of blackberries from the manchester cycleway (5 bags in freezer) on bag in a crumble that ive just eaten the greater part of....

couple of cramp balls from heaton park

gas lamp from a skip

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I went out recently and got quit a bit of stuff a rucksack full if kindling from a dried up dead tree, will use when starting fires at home and collect fresh when out and about, I also got a shed load of pine cones for my hobo stove (thanks for the tip Wayland!!) and also quite a bit of ash ( used to anneal my file for my knife)

Will be going out this weekend to collect a SHED load of hawthornes to make fruit leather as seen on Wild Food by Ray Mears, I'll keep you all informed!

Dave

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
recently(whent to botton vilage and on the moors there were tons of bilberrries and rowan aswell as heather ate a bit of both (not rowan)
yesterday whent to find some hazel nuts (determined to beat the squirrels but nothing yet of significans (2 semi ripe nuts and half a ton of empty shells) bow drill material and bowl making wood.
a whole load of blackberries. that whent straight into mine and my berothers mouth... yum yum.
today more blackberries, and stinging nettles.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Lots of blackberries, more plums, a birch polypore, some enormous pine cones (stone pine, I think), and found two new sources of damsons (not yet ripe). Oh and lots of windfall apples, sadly also unripe.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Went out for a wander on my day off last week, picked 1.2 kilos of brambles and made jelly, found a crab apple tree so picked loads of those for jellies and chutney, also 'foraged' a new walking stick from the woods.

Spotted what I think (pretty sure) is a wild service tree - sadly the berries are not yet ripe. Also spotted some redcurrants growing wild (sadly too late as the birds have had them!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE