What Folder..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
im interested in what folders everyone uses in bushcraft! by which i DO NOT mean SAK's or Leatherman or other multi-tools.. im talking proper slip joints.. i have seen a few people with spyderco's and kershaws.. what do YOU use??

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Opinel No 7 or Fox or an old EKA to which Shing fitted an O1 carbon blade (my current favourite - I swap around a bit).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Opinel....got two, and never a complaint about their quality, sharp edge or comfort in hard use. Forgiving too, a colleague snapped 1/8th" off the point on a dig (Real eejit!) and my brother remade the shape for me with a grinding wheel, re ground the edge and the knife is *still* a good tool.
Toddy

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
buck protege - have it for years and still going strong
gerber freeman - not used it much as yet, but seems to be very well made.
my edc is a CRKT rollock

folders.JPG

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Opinel no 7, wouldn't be without it and I doubt I'd ever buy a different folder unless I was going for a custom made.

I've tried a few cheaper liner lock type knives but the locks seem to break easily. Swiss army style are too bulky and the tools not that useful, though I do keep one in the house with forceps & scissors on it for trimming bonsai.

Realgar

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
At the moment I've got a Buck 110 with Ti handle but I want either the 110 with wooden handle or an Al mar sere, what do people think of them, advice gladly taken.

Cheers

Brian

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
well yesterday i got a Spyderco UK penknife..
SC94GP.jpg

to be honest i wasnt expecting that it would have many uses in bushcraft.. but its more robust than i was expecting it would be.. and i have made some lovely feather sticks today.. so im thinking its going to become a regular part of my kit :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE