What Folder..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swampy Steve

Apr 20, 2005
West Cornwall
Always in my pocket ( and on my belt ) are a CRKT Urban Shark with a Greg Lightfoot 02 blade & a Kershaw Outlaw Bill which I've had about 20 years !

10002168vh.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Was begining to think i'd lost it but it turned up today with another couple that i forgot i had :eek:

419_1907_1.jpg

rb

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Can find folder but not camera.

Due to discovering, my Opinel no.7 is against the law for EDC. :eek:

My only legal knife is a copy of the old british army knife. The one with a 3" marlin spike down the back. Made in sheffield. Nice knife, have had about 5 of these all told. This is the only copy.

Might have to buy a spyderrco and team it with my resus mask and gloves. It is a rescue knife, honest officer.

Just as a point, don't the big leathermans (wave etc) have locking blades?

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
You can use the G10 on a UKPK to rub the lumps of hard skin off your feet and help prevent blisters (not that I have done). It's stiffer and weighs more then a calypso and costs more to loose so if it's only for bushcraft I wouldn't suggest it. However, as it's also a legal EDC I do.

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Andy said:
You can use the G10 on a UKPK to rub the lumps of hard skin off your feet and help prevent blisters (not that I have done). It's stiffer and weighs more then a calypso and costs more to loose so if it's only for bushcraft I wouldn't suggest it. However, as it's also a legal EDC I do.

:D And i recommend the Buck 110 Titanium for corns....... :D

A

Annie

I have particularly small hands so find most folders a bit too bulky, however I make exceptions for the Mission MS102. Currently using CRKT urban shark & Kershaw 1550ST which are just fantastic.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
And what is the general opinion on the stainless steel used in the Sheffield made British army clasp knife? Bamboo doggy was kind enough to gift me with one, and while I have sharpened it nicely I haven't had a chance to really use it yet. Soft steel? Hard steel?

I've used SAK's my entire life so far (not that it's been that long) and recently bought my first fixed blade....a Frosts Clipper in 12c27. It's amazing steel and I love it....especially the price!

Adam

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I think it's the same steel that is used by victorinox but I have a feeling it's run a tad harder (vic knives are 53-55RC). It has IIRc a slightly less acute acute edge so it still wont chip

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
SAK Forester utility,Maser ELK for surgery, Big/super swede for reliability, and a Spydie Manix a best pal. Fil

laurens ch

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
south wales united kingdom
My folder is an Opinel 7.Ive been tempted by that spyderco pen knife for a while so I be interested to hear peoples opinions. The thing that’s always put me of is the secondary bevel I’m just not sure I could sharpen it to razor sharpness.

off subject but is this the longest thread ever on bushcraftuk

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
How can you beat an Opi no8 for £5!!!??

I took the excessive point off with a file (and stabbed my index finger in the process.. ouch, that'll teach me!) to give it something more like a little crop point. Then I rounded off the end of the handle which makes it more comfortable for me. Its fantastic and should you loose it, not only does it cost a fiver to replace but I doubt there'd be much of it left after a few years, pushes the limits of bio-degradable but hey!

I think I'm a bit biased, being 1/2 french I think i've allways had one as a kid.

Ben

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
addyb said:
Bambodoggy was kind enough to gift me with one, and while I have sharpened it nicely I haven't had a chance to really use it yet.

You're more than welcome mate...hope you enjoy it :)

You'll find it a sight more beefy than a sak but maybe not as good for delicate tasks....oh and don't forget it's pretty much impossible to get a firesteel to work with it ;)

Bam. :D

tarmix101

Nov 25, 2005
Washington State U.S.A.
As with alot of other Folks.... I carry the Opinel #7. I also carry my Buck 112 every once in awhile. In fack I have my Opi on me right now. Just put a new coat of Linseed oil on it yesterday. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE