What do you store / carry your jerky in?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I've been making beef jerky recently and although it has been eaten on the same day I was wondering in what do you store or carry your jerky in? I plan to make loads more of this to nibble on whilst out and about

Apparently plastic bags or containers are a no-no. Is leather OK? I assume as long as whatever you use is breathable you should be OK. I'm trying to find small cotton bags at the moment, but not having much luck.....Any suggestions welcome...ATB....Stu

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Get an old pair of Soldier 95 trousers and turn them into shorts. keep the off cuts, as they already have a drawstring fitted and you just need to sew along where you cut off from the trousers and you have a ready made drawstring bag. Two bags per trousers obviously!

Get desert colour as your shortd for the summer will look cooler and more fashionable in that colour than in green DPM!

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I use the canvas cash bags that the bank use. They also make a good emergency millbank bag if neccesary!

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE