What do you see yourself as

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

D_Fisher

Feb 19, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
As a student battling through the last of my dissertation, what I mostly am at present is in need of a good walk through the middle of nowhere!

(Anyone any good at kinematic data analysis? :dunno: )

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
International man of mystery....

But in keeping with the ethos of the forum, I see myself as a wild camper/day hiker, which with now being self employed I sadly do too little of. The upside though, is as a gardener I get to use chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, axes, saws, knives, leaf blowers, big lawn mowers, & allsorts of manly stuff in my daily work !

Rob

udamiano

On a new journey
A.......
lumberjack.png

and on Wednesday i can go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

sorry just couldn't resist lol

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I refuse to be pigeon holed

Same here.

I dont do titles. Men have one title yet women have a title based on their legal relationship to someone else. Up until last year it was legal relationship to a man. Some titles are earned or rewarded, and most of those rewarded are from an arcaric system. I dont think any of it is fair.

As for the mother daughter self employed artist come soap maker stroke forager stroke bushcrafter stroke campaigner, it is like seeing a doctor. You see a doctor in a shop, he is a just shopper until you have heart attack

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Everything in life has a tag i.e. mechanic, chemist, parent etc.

But what do you see yourself as a survivalist, bushcrafter, prepper, homesteader, self sufficient or something else.

I consider my all of the above because everything in that list overlaps not just on one or two things but a lot.

So what are you?.

still breathing? - you're a survivalist

got a spare tyre? (on your road vehicle) or insurance? or spare batteries? or a spare anthing? - you're a prepper

interested in anything that didn't come out of factory? - you're a bushcrafter.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Lucky.
to be alive, in a country that males me one of the better off of the world, to be married to a wonderful person, to have some extraordinary people as friends, to be part of various communites like this, and so on.
we are the lucky ones, best not forget it !

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well said bigbear! To just be alive right now in this country, is the equivalent of winning the lottery five times in a row when measured against the luxury most of mankind has experienced through history, and yet many still grouse about how unfair life is. We should all be more thankful and less greedy!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Lucky.
to be alive, in a country that males me one of the better off of the world, to be married to a wonderful person, to have some extraordinary people as friends, to be part of various communites like this, and so on.
we are the lucky ones, best not forget it !

Very good post indeed, and by far the best answer to the question posed.............Something I suspect we would all do well to remember more often. Excellent reply sir!

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I see myself as Master of all that is, commander of natures forces, benevolent dictator of Mankind.
I somehow suspect other don't quite share my view........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE