What do you own the most of?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Knives, 21 at last count. Tents, 6 if you include teepees and enormous family frame affairs. Stoves, 6 again. Footwear, more than SWMBO. Empty vodka bottles, variable!!! :lmao:
The one who dies with the most toys wins!! ;)

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Wow, I don't know where to begin! I have 2 SM Bushcraft knive, Excellent BTW.
I also have 4 Randall knives, 2 Blackjack knives, 5 Grohamann knives, countless Victorinox SAK's, 3 Multitools, surely more blades somewhere.
I have 10 rucksacks, 7 tents, 3 hammocks, 4 Aussie bashas, 8 stoves, on and on. I have been gathering all this since the 1970's, so always buying something new! Addicted surely!
I also have about 80 watches, I am always afraid of running out of time:) Cheers!

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
And there was I thinking that Bushcraft was about being minimilist and living at one with the countryside...

Amasing lists...

LS

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
ludlowsurvivors said:
And there was I thinking that Bushcraft was about being minimilist and living at one with the countryside...

LS

Y'know I thought so too.....until I started looking around me :eek:
HWMBLT reckons I've got a fetish for boxes, truthfully it's just 'cos they're great places to stash all the stuff I collect :D
The usual girlie things, shoes, hairpins, etc., but I've got over 200 herbs dried/ tinctured/syruped/oiled and neatly stored. About 50 different bags of dyestuffs, several thousand reels of thread, at present about 300 m of cloth, and then there's the *useful* things like knives (35) boots (14prs) tents (6) jackets (?) and firesteels (?)
and I'm *not* a kit junkie......there's just always something else that looks *interesting* :cool:

I still think LS's quote (tongue in cheek or not) is right though. We really ought to make more for ourselves.

Cheers,
Toddy
Edit: Forgot the books, but they aren't 'collected', they just breed :p

M

Eelco

Nov 7, 2005
The Netherlands
I suppose for me it's Jackets. Sometimes i wonder what the hell is wrong with me I got like 10 or something.

1 leather jacket
1 suede jacket
1 leather indy-jacket
1 lammy coat
1 long coat
1 soft shell
1 gtx-jacket
1 cloak
1 regular jacket
2 old jackets

Oh, and i got a lot of rings.....in my selfmade chainmail :p

cheers!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
kaoss said:
Midge bites 114 at the last count :(

:lmao:
Sorry, but it was funny; though you're probably suffering miserably just now. Maybe take some anti-histamine? Hope they settle down quickly.
Cheers,
Toddy

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Hats...15 at last count :eek:

5 x aussie type
2 boonie
1 tilley style (although not actually a tilley)
1 fleece hat
1 buff
the rest assorted baseball caps or straw hats
oh yes ...1 x deer stalker :)

Pablo

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
And here I was thinking I was a hoarder with 3 rucksacks!
But I have one for all occasions - jet black, woodland camo and shocking pink for Evening, Daytime and at the beach... :eek:

philm4

Oct 17, 2004
Midlands
There seem to be a few torch hoarders on here, my favorite item as well, I have

Petzl Tikka +
Petzl Tikka XP
Princeton Tec Apex (best headtorch)
2AA Maglite + Terralux LED conversion
3D Maglite + Diamond 1W zetex luxeon LED conversion
Fenix L2T (best torch)

And I now want a Fenix P1, my wife thinks I'm mad.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Toddy said:
Y'know I thought so too.....until I started looking around me :eek:
HWMBLT reckons I've got a fetish for boxes, truthfully it's just 'cos they're great places to stash all the stuff I collect :D
The usual girlie things, shoes, hairpins, etc., but I've got over 200 herbs dried/ tinctured/syruped/oiled and neatly stored. About 50 different bags of dyestuffs, several thousand reels of thread, at present about 300 m of cloth, and then there's the *useful* things like knives (35) boots (14prs) tents (6) jackets (?) and firesteels (?)
and I'm *not* a kit junkie......there's just always something else that looks *interesting* :cool:

I still think LS's quote (tongue in cheek or not) is right though. We really ought to make more for ourselves.

Cheers,
Toddy
Edit: Forgot the books, but they aren't 'collected', they just breed :p

M
Toddy, I have just mailed a copy of this to my better half, just to reassure her I could have a worse problem with kit and hoarding than she thinks I have already :D

Reactions: Fenlander

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE