What do you do when it's snowing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiger Eyes

Dec 3, 2007
Norfolk
It's snowing outside here in Norfolk and it looks like I may be doing some extra housework cos this is what Archy's doing
Feb09003.jpg

I hope he knows how the hoover works

By the way he is trying to make a bullroarer

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
bullroares are properly cool my mate got one and we went out to try it in the dark when your stood quite far away the noise is incredible, carries really far too

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
I went today for a walk with my gf and few dogs,we have some 60 centimeters of snow all over here,so we had a good chance to use our new snowshoes and let the dogs follow in our trail.Stopped to make fire at beach,fried some sausages and dranks hot chocolate,and now when we came back,i set uop the fire in our sauna,thats about my day when the snow keeps falling down.

V4V

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2009
Yorkshire
www.r4nger5.com
I still go camping - like the above posts say, if you have a terrbile time, you've packed badly.

Waking up in a hammock with snow all around is actually warmer than if it's raining in the winter, and, if you have the right spot, it's very peaceful.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Not that I'm a git or a nerd or anything, but when the snow was down here I made a 1/48 scale Spitfire in desert camouflage.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If it's snowing hard and I can't get out of the street I spend the day doing DIY and racking up some good brownie points for trips away :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I get out and follow the snow plough up into the hills and get the ice axe out. I like chopping my way through a cornice for fun. I want snow shoes. I want snow shoes and plenty of snow so I can use them. I want snow shoes, plenty of snow so I can use them and a clear road to a place I can use them.

I love that shot of the guy on a snow shoot. I wish I had places to shoot, a licence and all the kit you need.

As far as tracking goes, the only snow tracking I tend to do is trying to follow the traces of other people in the whiteout with the snow filling in tracks in less than 5 minutes due to falling and being wind blown. Did you know footprints filled in with windblown snow often only show as small cracks in the surface of the snow on one edge of the footprint? I have really got my eye in this winter. Not that I have to rely on footprints to navigate in the white out I can do that for myself but is always reassuring to see signs of other idiots like me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE