What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Some stickers for my new laptop. (Which I havent made friends with yet)

(Not wanting to use laptop as a TRAY might be the reason why).

Everyone at work has lots of stickers...

...shame I cant find any celtic designs that are not New age...with all the designs out there, why do we have to have hippy?

And the Norse stuff makes me glad I am no Viking.

Watch-keeper

Life Member
Sep 3, 2013
London
I bought a Decathlon MT100 down jacket for 50 quid and for the price it seems to be an excellent product. On paper the specs are pretty respectable when compared with the higher end brands but for 50 quid its punching way above its weight. I've only had it for a week so no indication of how well it will wear but its is well put together so I don't see any problems arising.....nothing that duct tape wont fix anyway.

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
Just got this in the post yesterday.
Boker Barlow BFF. Lovely little knife. Just 6 inches in total length.

boeker-manufaktur-solingen-barlow-bff-120506_2_600x600.jpg

Last edited:

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
For urban travel, makes it possible to get boiling water if there is an electric socket. 1kW.
590ml water boiling in 3min40sek.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I had one of those electric immersion heaters years ago, they hail from the same days as electric bar heater. I wouldn’t ever get another. Mine developed a very tiny crack in it, you can imagine the rest. It involved an electric shock, an exploding cup, and a bad scalding.

I’m hoping you don’t have any similar problems, they heat up extremely fast if not immersed and will burn. As far as I know, they’re Chinese made and it would be well worth checking it meets EU standards.

Sticking with my tiny BRS 3000t Ti stove and gas canister, or Alpkit Jetboil clone for safe water heating.

Last edited:

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Hopefully you don´t use the rocket stove inside your car? Imagine getting stranded in snow blizzard. Can´t go outside to light up the rocket stove. How convinient would it not be to sit inside and warm up a cup of tea or a pack of noodles with that power socket heater?

Reactions: Robbi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE