What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stonepark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2013
Carse of Gowrie
Osram Night breakers (H1) for the Duster as the OEM main beams are #### and yellow even though the dips are good (bright and white).

Handy when off the roads to be able to see, camping\fishing.

Have also just ordered some decent Cambus LED Ba15s to replace the reverse which is also poor.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Osram Night breakers (H1) for the Duster as the OEM main beams are #### and yellow even though the dips are good (bright and white).

Handy when off the roads to be able to see, camping\fishing.

Have also just ordered some decent Cambus LED Ba15s to replace the reverse which is also poor.
Yep, same for me, but simpler non-CANBUS lamps for my reversing lamps. I think it’s a necessity here in the great unlit.

Reactions: stonepark

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Found some one on FB Market place that does good size off cuts of 3.5mm leather for £10 a Kilo and 'scraps' ( still perfectly usable for most bushcrafty projects ) for £2.50 a Kilo - Not sure how that compares to normal market prices but i just want some to play with and make a few projects.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Took 5 books to the charity shop, but came back with one.

Mind you, I couldn't pass up the river cottage handbook no 7 hedgerow for £1.50 to add to my collection......could I?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
nah. the beast of bodmin
Trouble is, if you blow it up like that, all your proof and famous- ness will all go up in smoke.
You could tie a hand grenade to the point, with a rig that pulls the pin as the arrow leaves the bow, all you'd need is a bit of string. ;)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
You could tie a hand grenade to the point, with a rig that pulls the pin as the arrow leaves the bow, all you'd need is a bit of string. ;)
Mental picture of WG watching the handgrenade wazzing in circles round and round the bow on the end of the string and wondering when the pin will come out!

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy and Robbi

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Trouble is, if you blow it up like that, all your proof and famous- ness will all go up in smoke.
No good. I had to send the bow back. Wrong color, a ridiculous silver when I ordered black. Dont want no disco bow.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If I were you I’d give it back to her pretty damned quickly. She doesn’t take kindly to blokes at the best of times. Taking her bow might bring about a retribution.
Don’t worry though, it would only last to the end of time.

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
If I were you I’d give it back to her pretty damned quickly. She doesn’t take kindly to blokes at the best of times. Taking her bow might bring about a retribution.
Don’t worry though, it would only last to the end of time.
I did wonder where my bow went ! I'm glad he's sending it back. I need it to fight monsters.
I promise no retribution.....this time.

Yesterday, I found a cheese making kit in the charity shop.
I'm looking forward to having a go at yet another thing that ups my self sufficiency.

Reactions: Toddy

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
Christmas present for my husband..... SAK "Electrician" with Alox scales plus a little case with room for a small torch, plus a decent small torch to go in, plus the SAK sharpener tool.

Also today received some Corby bolts for putting a handle on a knife- a rather tasty beast of a parang type blade that I recently bought from Dave Budd of this parish.

GC

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Xmas present to myself :biggrin:

IMG-3846.jpg

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
I've been meaning to have a go at connecting up a MIDI system for years but have never got around to it. I have a Clavinova CVP-20 which has a MIDI connection but it's never been tried. Can you recommend a PC/MIDI interface and some software?

(I am making the big assumption that MIDI is still used! :) )
I was using the usb output there. Have now gone onto using just an iPad say on top of the keyboard .. much better !

You can use midi still to a pc/laptop. Take a look at this one that comes highly recommended.

Volt

You could also look at iPad options and use the great, free, GarageBand to record.

Reactions: Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE