What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
This pre WW2 Boker camp knife turned up today, it needs a good clean and polish but very pleased with it for £15!

Attachments

• IMG_20231208_160246830_MFNR (1).jpg
    IMG_20231208_160246830_MFNR (1).jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Chris

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
KBA membership is included with membership of this forum.
It’s one big self help group. We all relate to the relapse more than completing the program though!
This is very true. When BritishBlades was a forum it was often referred to as BB. When deliberating over a knife purchase, BB meant Buy Both.

Don’t, repeat, don’t, start visiting torch or watch forums. It’s a slippery slope to loss of earnings, possible relationship issues, homelessness and even insanity. :nailbiting:

stonepark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2013
Carse of Gowrie
This is very true. When BritishBlades was a forum it was often referred to as BB. When deliberating over a knife purchase, BB meant Buy Both.

Don’t, repeat, don’t, start visiting torch or watch forums. It’s a slippery slope to loss of earnings, possible relationship issues, homelessness and even insanity. :nailbiting:
You really don't need an LEP torch.... ;)

Reactions: Nice65

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Bought something for my girlfriend; nudge, nudge, wink, wink...say no more!
Intending having a great christmas holiday.
Did you find a shop that does exchanges? I often ask for something for my wife but most places only accept money. :p

I got a new second hand Adventure 38 mat. Just got to work out how to stop the mk4 cat from putting her claws through it when she gets in the bivy.
Just got the cat from an elderly lady who had to go into care. The cat is "very quite" and "sleepy". This description did not mention anything about nightly 2am dance-a-thon.

Reactions: Macaroon

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Did you find a shop that does exchanges?:p

The cat is "very quite" and "sleepy". This description did not mention anything about nightly 2am dance-a-thon.
I don´t think there is return policy on what I bought.

Cats are nocturnal, as you now have found out. There is a reason why their eyesight is good in the dark.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Been doing junk shops.
Bought Vango Light sleep mat for pennies. Time will tell whether I use it to sleep on or put it in the bath to make a jacuzzi.

Also bought a dead cheap SS dog bowl. I do not have a dog.
The big K Kettle base fits into it perfectly. I now have something in which I can make a fry up. Even if I didn’t use the kettle body, I’m assembling a great stick stove and cook set. I wore out the original polycotton bag way back and made a great replacement. Now I’ve had the idea that I could make a bag that converts to a sit mat or table/ground cloth.

Reactions: Ozmundo

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I don´t think there is return policy on what I bought.

Cats are nocturnal, as you now have found out. There is a reason why their eyesight is good in the dark.
MK2 cat liked to pretend to be a neck gaiter all night and MK3 slept like a log. Especially if he got to the bed first! :sleep:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A pair of beautifully marked horn beakers.

(Now I need to get Dad to get his junk off of the mantelpiece so I can display them).

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You really don't need an LEP torch.... ;)
I know! To be honest, I can’t see much use to be had from them. Even a recent Wurkkos TS11 is too throwy for most things. It’s a lovely thing though.

Attachments

• IMG_3402.jpeg
    IMG_3402.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 6

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Nitecore NU33 direct from AliExpress as UK Nitecore prices have gone silly. £29 delivered in 12 days.

That sounds like a good price. Is it authentic, though? I thought AliExpress was mostly fakes, but could be a wrong assumption. Perhaps as Nitecore is a Chinese brand it’s safer?

stonepark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2013
Carse of Gowrie
That sounds like a good price. Is it authentic, though? I thought AliExpress was mostly fakes, but could be a wrong assumption. Perhaps as Nitecore is a Chinese brand it’s safer?
There is the official Nitecore store on AliExpress but it is no less expensive than buying from Nitecore.co.uk or Amazon as it is western orientated price and margin wise.

I got mine from "Original Flashlight Store" which is selling everywhere but mainly the Chinese market and as such operates on much lower margins.

Don't forget to add VAT to listed cost!

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
You can get a little discounts by doing the coin collecting & games on AliExpress. I may have developed a slight problem with this…

There a lot of products on there that are genuine or good quality. It is a matter of hunting through however.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I've bought all sorts off ali express. you can read the feedback. if something is fake or rubbish someone will tell you.

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
@FixSwords, less complex thing like knives are sometimes fakes, but most of our stuff is Chinese made, it makes sense its cheaper. Something like torch has a lot of components and CNC parts, it’s unlikely to be fake. For example this Nitecore EDC27. It’s gone up a little since I last looked, but is a legit torch from a legit seller. I didn’t buy it, but posed the ”Legit?“ question on a flashlight forum.

UK price,

Didn't buy anything today except some socks, and why I’m buying socks just before the Christmas deluge of socks, I’ve no idea :lmao:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE