What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not bushcraft but just pressed the button on two fountain pens to use with some leather covered notebooks I have. Fountain pens are a luxury but I think write nicer than many rollerballs I reckon. They often look nicer too.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
But they are a pain in the a** for us lefties.
Get a left handed nib. There are pens with interchangeable nibs and you can get left handed nibs. Lamy is a decent German brand 27th interchangeable nibs and I think its available with left hand nibs.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
But they are a pain in the a** for us lefties.
You can get nibs for lefthanded people, but generally how well you get on with a fountain pen depends on if you’re an over-, under- or sidewriter. Lots of fountain pen enthusiasts learn to be an underwriter with their fountain pens, because then they can use almost any nib and don’t have an issue with smearing the ink. Also, using a fast drying ink helps with reduced smearing.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Not bushcraft but just pressed the button on two fountain pens to use with some leather covered notebooks I have. Fountain pens are a luxury but I think write nicer than many rollerballs I reckon. They often look nicer too.
Ooo! Which pens did you get?

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Got a link.?
Google amazon erofa store. They're the company that sells a few Chinese brands, I think all the same company. Prices from below a tenner up to 60isg quid I think.

You can get a retractable nib fountain pen for 40 quid. That's a pen where the nib retracts into the body like a jotter type ballpen. Pilot at famous for these but will 9 iffy three digits costs.

Although what is a bent nib for? Seriously, what is the point of a damaged pen nib like that?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
£180 worth of groceries.

But, It will suffice, (Bar fresh veg and meat) for at least 2 months I hope.

Have spent the last day squirreling it around my room here in the Tower house that guards the entrance to Glen Lyon.

(Trout beat, alleged early medieval font, access to complete `Buildings of Scotland` and Waverley model...)

Living my Best Life, guys.

Which no doubt will involve a lot of `hunt the provender` in the future...

Reactions: Robbi

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Do you mean a fude nib? They’re meant to imitate using a brush so that you can write Japanese characters ”properly”.
Googled fune nib. Yes but the amazon listing from erofa store just call them bent nibs. Descriptive of what they are.

Reactions: SaraR

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
Just got a Lidl poncho,it's plenty roomy enough,front pocket might come in handy,i also got some Scapa tape,in green,and an insulated sit mat,it all might turn out to be utter tat,but i thought it was worth a punt.Also got a small electric engraver for the enemy(early birthday gift}.

Reactions: Ozmundo

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
New set of fittings for the garden hose. Spear and Jackson, £5.99 from Home Bargains :)
1683668750698.png

The main 'gun' and the three fittings bits seem a lot more robust than the ones I had been using. Those don't even manage to last a year. Hopefully the S&J one will.

My brass nozzle doesn't do a range of watering patterns, so watering seeds isn't possible with it, nor can I get it to jet hard enough to wash the bird droppings off the slabs beneath the feeder, so a modern plastic gun type it is.

The same set is £13.79 on Amazon.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Ordered a large Onewind tarp/footprint . Seems to be low weight and compact packed down.
Maybe I should have gone to Lidl!

My poncho of several decades, despite patches and reproofing, just sieves out the bigger drops rather than stop them.
It’s been with me longer than the wife and offspring. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE