What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Been wearing a new Redkettle ventile jacket since the weekend, seems to be a very well designed and well made bit of kit. They have a stock clearance on at the moment too.
Redkettle
Cheers
Louis

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Two flats of 24 cans each of mucky wet cat food for the blob, Rumpuss-cat. The year will cost me at least $450 to feed the pig.

Enough electricity to have forgotten and left the electric blanket on all day on LO. Ah well, juice is cheap here. Snow all around us and the freezing level can't be more than 1500m (we sit at 700m).
1150PM, S windy and maybe +3C.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
This little lot yesterday …

image.jpg

The 36V saw doesn’t half shift !

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Various bits to build some light/compact Hobo fishing reel setups. May be swapping out the wood reel for plastic for UL trek and keep wood for Bushcrafty/woodland trip.

Hobo reel, various lures, spring hooks, degougers, bobbers, Yoyo reel.

5JHIpIl.png
swXZIoA.png
LQ2cYdm.png
sJgqN3J.png

k7HW0Nf.png
VnqEuRa.png
oaXgv4B.png
DsaEzCs.png
bUW36uC.png

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
This little lot yesterday …

image.jpg

The 36V saw doesn’t half shift !
Ooooh Makita! I'm getting to an age now where I look at that kind of stuff and tip my hat to you Sir. Good choice. I need to upgrade my power tools for sure......

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikehill

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Extreme cold (-25C) possible by the weekend, heavy 25 cm snow drifting into us from the west (typical). But at least here, it has to warm up to snow.
So, stocked up today on food and drink. Store empty of my favorite junk so will have to cook and bake my own treats in the coming days.
Four more books on sundial construction were in the box, too.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bought all the ones that keep coming up:
Mayall & Mayall, Rohr, Savoie, Cousins, Waugh, Stoneman, Muller.
If it weren't for all the huge discounts from abeBooks.com,
I couldn't afford to do this.
Cousins is a hard cover with mind-gagging maths and some fold out patterns in the back.
Stoneman & Muller are really hobby craft books, things to do with kids. Some dwell on the mathematics which doesn't interest me at all. Thumbing through them, Savioe and Rohr are visually appealing. Will be tried as bed-time reading.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Your tough!

I suggested the Drinkwater texts as I was given a copy when young; a cousin did the illustrations.

It claims it is intelligible by a smart child.

It defeated my Maths teacher.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The key thing is that the gnomon (pointer) has to point at the pole star, Polaris. Then you have a clock circle, perpendicular to the gnomon. Like the ring you see commonly on sundials.

The angle above the horizontal is the latitude of your location, 53 degrees for my place. Hope that's right, been decades since I fooled with models of these.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Would you let me know what you think of that when you've had a good go with it? Cheers

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I'm hoping to do bit of sea fishing towards end of month but if that fails I'll be out in new year. I'll probably put a review up of it. I'm a beginner hough so not sure how good my review or thought on it will be to you.
Even better- I'm interested in its robustness, beginners are always the best at testing that haha. Hope you manage to get a few fish :cool:

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
A dpm water bottle pouch
58 water bottle
Romanian army leather strap why I didn’t just order the 3 straps instead of the 2 I ordered with the bread bag I don’t know

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE