What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Bought in June, arrived today.... 20w solar charger £13
Agents of a foreign power must of been reading my gripe yesterday about overdue packages. Royal mail van screeched to a halt outside the house at four-thirty this afternoon, oriental gent dressed as postman ran to the door shoved the parcel in and left just as fast.

Plugged in the phone to catch the last of the overcast gloom, output low as expected but the phone tripped into charge mode so it seems to work. Just need some decent sunlight now for a proper field test. Sales pitch said waterproof but not expecting more than drizzle resistant and like many of these devices the electronics box is stuck to the side just begging to be sheared off when rammed into a pocket.
IMAG3774.jpgIMAG3775.jpgIMAG3777.jpg

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Best tent made (well, I reckon that plaudit goes to the Scarp 1 probably) but it is lovely to kip in, that tent is. Especially in the snow. Good buy. I, personally, struggled long and hard over the red one or the green one.

Last edited:

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Haven´t got it yet but on it´s way.

Ecs0O-6WoAIVWbQ.jpg

Reactions: Nice65

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Soto Windmaster to replace my MSR Pocket rocket after 15 years of use it failed. The bolt in it that you screw it onto the canister came off and stayed on the canister.

618irNP.jpg

JKtvQxk.jpg

Its a beast. such a neat design for protection from the wind

£45 off amazon well spent

Reactions: santaman2000

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Can't wait for the weekend. One night in the garden then five in the lakes.

Superb! I’m not at all put off by the price as it’s not a tent for me, but I definitely get it. The last time I spent a lot was on an Oztent RV4, plenty room and storage space, can stand up, sit out etc. All good fun and plenty of living space to loaf about in, for different adventures.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
A petromax coffee pot, a brown bag( water filter) another opinal #8
Soooooooooo many knives.!! Oh and a petromax frying pan .!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Bought this pewter hip flask for £3 at car boot today any tips for cleaning it inside I might get a bottle brush for the neck?

Buy some I think it’s called Melton
Baby steriliser, I use it on wine decanters, water bottles, and so on,
Pop a tablet in with warm water and that’s it I think , rinse out with Hot water.

Reactions: The Frightful

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Pop a tablet in with warm water and that’s it I think , rinse out with Hot water.

Milton? I cleaned up while go with a baby bottle wire brush and soapy water

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada

I have these small jars of copper balls; about the size of bicycle ballbearings, they are. I think I got them from John Lewis, but that must have been like 15 years ago. Anyway, they are perfect for cleaning out various containers, jars, vases, bottles .. anything with a too narrow neck. Chuck them into the vessel with a bit of detergent and sloosh them round, then pour them out onto a bit of kitchen paper to dry; or they go green in the jar.

Aug 29, 2019
Uk
Needed a new grill plate for Saturday so ordered from bushcraftlab.co.uk. Also ordered a Karrimor SF Sabre 30 in Black,( definitely not shiny) , to make it worth their while. Phoned them up before I pressed the button and as it’s for a scout camp I’m running they have sent it next day delivery free.

Reactions: Nice65

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Two pairs of Tasco roof-prism 10x25 binoculars. Selection based on price and local availability.
Two World Famous liquid-filled compass with sighting mirror lids. Luminous dial points.

The joys of a birthday for twins.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE