What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
One of these - maybe awesome , maybe rubbish.

I've always wondered how you set the tarp up with those. Do let us know how you get on with it!

Reactions: TeeDee

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Which type did you get? I've owned otom ones in small and large but never used them on myself despite owning them for 10+ years. Until the weekend when we found 2 ticks on our dog. Used the larger one but not sure we used it correctly. We twisted and pulled. It came off with a twisting tug but it didn't want to!! It looked intact but there's a swelling left in both tick sites. We now need a second set for us humans so interested in what you got.
It's probably the same ones; look like little bent crowbars?
They've worked really well on the dogs and are sturdy and blunt enough to travel well in a backpack. The instructions say to twist up but general advice for ticks is to pull straight up so I just use enough of a twisting motion to keep the tick seated in the claws of the remover.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Should arrive in the next few days
CD135-FFE-DA5-F-465-B-AF72-36-B061-DF5-B56.png

Reactions: Nice65 and TeeDee

LukeR

May 9, 2020
Glasgow
Not very exciting, but a small sheet of clear perspex. I'm going to make a little window to replace the stove flashing on my lavvu in the summer.
20181113CFP-81_1024x1024.jpg

I tested it last night with the front cover of a CD case and was very pleased with the amount of light it let in, but it cracked very quickly. The perspex should hold up well.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Not very exciting, but a small sheet of clear perspex. I'm going to make a little window to replace the stove flashing on my lavvu in the summer.
20181113CFP-81_1024x1024.jpg

I tested it last night with the front cover of a CD case and was very pleased with the amount of light it let in, but it cracked very quickly. The perspex should hold up well.

just imagine waking up in the night and seeing a face looking in at you through that !!

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
To be honest my pal ordered for me and I realy don't know. It's the square type with a timer and 5 trays fromy wayfair... I think.
It was half price.
Had a lot of problems ordering the one I wanted so we gave up and tried again with a different one. Had problems ordering that too so ended up with the half price one. Should have cost over £100 but got it for about £58 with standard delivery. So I was glad the first two flunked. Both of those were more expensive initially but I saved by buying the one on sale and ended up with a better one.
Will post a photo and details when I get it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE