What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I am a bit of a stoveaholic. Ordered a white box stove. Not sure how stable it will be! I would be using a trangia 27 kettle or a Stanley cookset. I do like svea stoves but it would be more of an ornament than a working tool.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My friend ordered a new tablet but didn't like it so I've bought it off her.
Got no idea how to set it up tho!
It's pink, but I'm not fussy about colour, I will have to find someone to get it going . I only play games on my old tablet and I needed a new one as I accidentally trod on it and ruined the screen. So pleased I will be able to play solitaire, and mahjong again soon

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
They have arrived!View attachment 58626
The rucksack is supposed to be Green! .... oh well.

That bag’s a great colour. Kit greens vary wildly. I have a Helikon-Tex Patriot fleece in ‘jungle green’ that everyone insists is black. I insist it’s not, it’s bloody Jungle Green, but might as well be black. I’ve got khaki trousers that are desert tan, and a Harkila rucksack in Hunter Green that, again, is nigh on black.

So, what’s in the pot first?

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Ordered a wood stove. Winnerwell Backpack Stove.

Video in finnish I´m sure you get the hang of it:

winnerwell-backpack-stove-stainless-steel4_orig.jpg

Reactions: Laurence Milton

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Estate sale: a set of 7 Pacific Northwest First Nations style wood carving knives.
Generally straighter profiles than almost all the knives I use now. Bought for 60% of new prices,
made here in Canuckistan. Best for form-line carving projects.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
An android tablet. My pal ordered it, but didn't like the colour (pink) and decided she'd seen another she liked better, so I had it for £45. Bargain.
It's not been used so somehow I got to set it up but I have no idea what I've got to do. I need a tech savvy personage.
I can't even find out how to set the clock and date. Heck I do hate technology!

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Estate sale: a set of 7 Pacific Northwest First Nations style wood carving knives.
Generally straighter profiles than almost all the knives I use now. Bought for 60% of new prices,
made here in Canuckistan. Best for form-line carving projects.

Would love to see some pics of those :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I am a bit of a stoveaholic. Ordered a white box stove. Not sure how stable it will be! I would be using a trangia 27 kettle or a Stanley cookset. I do like svea stoves but it would be more of an ornament than a working tool.
I got that WBS years ago. Not very stable and IIRC better with wider pots. It's a fast boiler when warm enough but it's not good in cold conditions without a bit of help. Suggest a dish of method to kind of pre heat it in colder conditions. I can't remember what I did for stability but you'll work out what's needed.

It's a good stove that boils water quickly for a meths stove that hasn't got a caldera cone type windshield. Did you get the larger or smaller version?

(Edit to correct pot shape. Mistaken with another stove I bought at the same time as my wbs.)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I got an activity tracker with GPS,a Garmin vivosport. It's too get the most out of my exercising during COVID times and hopefully continue with a healthier lifestyle after lockdown completely ends. It is smaller than my Fitbit surge and hopefully won't rot my wrist if I sweat on it and don't dry it frequently.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Here are a few examples of the wood carving knives that I use.
I buy the blades, maybe bash off the original handles and make my own.
The striped handles are glue-ups of rosewood and mahogany.
Surface mounted, I use several different kinds of #18 nylon cord for the whipping.

The ones I just bought look much the same but straighter blades.
HaidaA.JPGHaidaB.JPGHaidaC.JPG

Reactions: Nice65 and BernieG
May 9, 2020
Wales
nordicwelshman.com
I decided to skip the Zebra pots and go for the Pathfinder Stainless Steel Bush Pot - 64oz. I could not decide between the 12cm or the 14cm Zebra pots but then I found this and it fits somewhere in the middle. I hope it's going to be a good bushcraft work horse.

Anyone had experience with it?

31Fh5yQ%2B9NL._AC_.jpg

Reactions: BernieG

Hodge

Nomad
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I got that WBS years ago. Not very stable and IIRC better with wider pots. It's a fast boiler when warm enough but it's not good in cold conditions without a bit of help. Suggest a dish of method to kind of pre heat it in colder conditions. I can't remember what I did for stability but you'll work out what's needed.

It's a good stove that boils water quickly for a meths stove that hasn't got a caldera cone type windshield. Did you get the larger or smaller version?

(Edit to correct pot shape. Mistaken with another stove I bought at the same time as my wbs.)
It will be a mark 2. I believe it has more holes than the mark1. It sounds as if the trangia kettle will be more stable as it has a wide diameter but is relatively low.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE