What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Two new glass globes for my gas lantern. A new one to replace the one I broke and a spare.
Still waiting for the rucksack and petromax baby dutch oven.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Halo hex skewers for my bike and slick tyres for the other half's MTB as her tyres have cracked or perished side walls. Schwalbe city jets and her old ones lasted 7 years or so. We're getting post and mid COVID 19 ready. Once it's ended we'll be cycling somewhere nice in the UK I'm certain.

A couple of days before I locked b the rear skewers up, hope qr external cam, still don't know how i did that because the cam was seated right and I really didn't tighten it up plus the lever was opened 90 degrees past the open point or 180 degrees from locked. So I got molegrips. Really don't know how I managed without it! Seriously useful.

It's why I'm still wondering what lovely, useful and highly practical tools for maintaining bikes I've missed out on by making do with spanners, hex, screwdrivers, hammers, ordinary pliers and ignorance!!!! Any suggestions? There's specialized tools but I bet there's some more general tools that are really useful for the home bike mechanic too

Last edited:

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
An eze lap 1200 grit stone, the 1x3 inch one with leather sheath, an outwell dreamcatcher 10cm inflating mat which I'm hoping is pure luxury, a survival duck dry bag, some 2nd hand gaiters for a fiver and a lifeventure mosi net 2nd hand for a fiver. Now hurry up Mr. Postie haha

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
1. A pastabike = a Marcato pasta tool with 9(?) zig-zag cutter wheels on spacers on one axle. 10 yr warranty.
Comes apart so you can set as many wheels over your pasta sheet as you need ( eg squares for ravioli).
Gonna beat the hell out of the single wheel that's all I've had for years. A raviolamp is tedious.
2. A pasta book of recipes and sauces that looks like a real keeper.
Handmade Pasta/Nicole Karr/ISBN978-1-62414322-9.
If you can tie shoe laces, you're over-qualified.

Shule, Atlas, Marcato, Imperia. Imperia pasta machines have the tightest gear set. You can feel it.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
With the charity shops all shut due to the virus lockdown I scratch that itch to find a bargain by trawling deep on ebay once a week and take a chance.

Mini Carabiner w/ Keychain Compass Thermometer £0.99p including postage (and a four week wait)

IMAG3614.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I do hope you are not my Uncle who has several fancy guitars (including a custom build)

He cant play and has been meaning to learn since a teen.

(Has just turned 70).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE