What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
More charity shop bargains.
A small lightweight kettle and a battery lantern. £4 for both. Lantern even has batteries included.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Well, a couple of weeks ago, now, but didn't think of this thread...

A Celestron C70 scope courtesy of Lostplanet and a Meade ETX 90 through eBay.

The Meade came without an eyepiece, and I think my Celestron 6mm will be a bit narrow for some viewing, so I picked up an inexpensive 25mm ocular from Amazon. Oh, and the T2 adapter for my Canon EOS 100D arrived, too.

Hoping for some clear skies and free time to coincide... Maybe if the planets align...

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Well, a couple of weeks ago, now, but didn't think of this thread...

A Celestron C70 scope courtesy of Lostplanet and a Meade ETX 90 through eBay.

The Meade came without an eyepiece, and I think my Celestron 6mm will be a bit narrow for some viewing, so I picked up an inexpensive 25mm ocular from Amazon. Oh, and the T2 adapter for my Canon EOS 100D arrived, too.

Hoping for some clear skies and free time to coincide... Maybe if the planets align...
The C70 is a great little scope, had mine for a number of years and still enjoy it.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Not really bought, but Mark Hill (Hillbill of this parish) does a raffle on his Facebook page and last night I won this S4
ef86a4c794e792b5dee35d03ffe63060.jpg

This is a bucket list knife and would have taken me ages to save for it.
Can’t wait to get out in to the woods in a fortnight and use it for something other than slicing paper to see how sharp it is.
I live a couple of towns over so was able to pop over tonight and collect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Not really bought, but Mark Hill (Hillbill of this parish) does a raffle on his Facebook page and last night I won this S4

Can’t wait to get out in to the woods in a fortnight and use it for something other than slicing paper to see how sharp it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding !! well done matey and health to enjoy, a beautiful knife made by a top bloke.

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
I ordered my first 'proper' outdoorsman's jacket in the form of a Fortis SAS Smock in olive. Well, the purchase was made a week or two ago and it arrives tomorrow. So hope I've got the sizing right! :emoji_grimacing:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

That’s a really nice raffle prize, hands down beats the bottle of Famous Grouse I won at a village fete last June that is never likely to be opened. I bet you’re thrilled to bits with it.

Today I have bought some essential oils. Sweet Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Cedar, Cypress, Pine Needle, Wintergreen. They will be added to Cedar and Pine wood shavings to get a Christmas scent in the house.

I have also bought some electronic gizmos, a new Kindle for Madam and an iPad upgrade for me, but that’s not very bushcrafty. Oh, and a couple of Douglass lighters because despite being an infrequent smoker, I just like the things. #3 and #4 in the pic.

2040-C7-C3-57-D0-428-D-8-C72-61-CC496471-F4.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Last week got a Buffalo Special 6 shirt and Fallraven Vidda Pro trousers.
Saw some of their trousers selling in go outdoors. With their internet price matching plus extra 10% discount you they looked a good deal. The singhi woollie pullie from them wasn't a good deal imho.

PS what size s6 shirt did you get? I got one last year. I'm a 43.5" chest and was advised to get closest size to that. But the 44" is slightly short in the arms and a little too snug imho. Plus the wrist velcro causes the cuffs to curl out when done up which annoys me and makes the length feel shorter.

I'm thinking I should offload and size up or change to alpine jacket.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Bit of a result today. We have a local auction every Tuesday and there's often something interesting there. I'd seen a roll of waxed cotton amongst some other bits last week and it obviously didn't sell. It was there again today and I really didn't want the other stuff with it. A lady bought the whole lot and I offered her a fiver for the fabric, which she accepted! Only 2m of it but still think it's a bargain. Lovely to work with - although not sure what to make with it yet

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Bit of a result today. We have a local auction every Tuesday and there's often something interesting there. I'd seen a roll of waxed cotton amongst some other bits last week and it obviously didn't sell. It was there again today and I really didn't want the other stuff with it. A lady bought the whole lot and I offered her a fiver for the fabric, which she accepted! Only 2m of it but still think it's a bargain. Lovely to work with - although not sure what to make with it yet

Sit mats. Get a large army towel, Velcro or pop studs. I got two sit mats out of one and a couple of metres of canvas. :)

07-AF063-B-EC01-4553-8455-9054-B890-E63-B.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Those look sweet. Where did you get them from?

Ebay. It’s got easier to find the Douglass brand. Trying to get a Field S through the Japanese site Rakuten was a pain a few years ago, but the Neo range seem to be about. The Field S is made from 18 hand machined parts, it’s really a piece of art.

Look, I haven’t watched this vid but it seems to have the Field S and my Neo in it, see how you go.

The Neo 3 does dry up in a few days, the tank is so well sealed that the expansion of fuel in a trouser pocket is noticeable by the whiff of Zippo fuel from the wick hole. Conversely, any cooling must draw air back in. If fuel conservation is important then get a capped version. If easy striking is important get one with the knurled strike wheels. My two have wind guards, but I don’t expect them to be too effective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE