What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Yes. Was it good?
In my opinion the best version of them all but that concerns the tv-version wich is about 5 hours long (showed on finnish tv in 5 episodes). The shorter movie version left too many iconic scenes out.
The fighting scenes were quite realistic with explosion NOT being petrol bombs. And very good sound. In one scene where a russian gets shot in the head you hear the "clink" of bullet hitting helmet.

Reactions: Janne

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Finaly after about 10 years of searching every second hand bookshop I've ever come across I've managed to replace my Rodger Philips mushroom book.
Not a hardback this time but that realy doesn't matter.
I'm realy realy happy:joyful:
I've been there before. My first degree course had an out of print text book that was essential course book for all three years. Couldn't find anywhere selling them. Before internet selling so my net was spread to secondhand shops I could reach.

About 10 to 15 years I found it at carnforth bookstore. Didn't need it but so tempted with the £20.

Reactions: plastic-ninja

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
:aarghh: New Lox-On mantle and wick for one of the Aladdin lamps.
Got to find cheaper workaround, they don't often need replacing but stings like hell when they do

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Picked up earlier in the week from the parcel drop-off (newspaper kiosk down the street from work): a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 lens. This is intended for a full-frame camera, so on my APS-C camera it's the equivalent of an 80mm or 85mm lens, but with the added advantage that (if I've understood correctly) there should be even less vignetting than with a lens designed for an APS-C camera.

Here are some pictures I already posted on another forum a couple of days ago, with it mounted with a 13mm extension ring on a Canon EOS 100D.

img-5953-small.jpg

img-5954-small.jpg

img-5955-small.jpg

img-5956-small.jpg

No image retouching, just resized to 15% and saved at 75% JPEG quality. The first three are at f/1.4, the last at f/2.8. Open the two images side by side, and you see that there is a slightly greater depth of field in the last one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE