What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Finaly got to aldi and bought the merino zip neck top last in shop and my size.. yay! Also got the last sewing machine and a soap making kit. I'm a happy bunny .

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Finaly got to aldi and bought the merino zip neck top last in shop and my size.. yay! Also got the last sewing machine and a soap making kit. I'm a happy bunny .
It's a decent merino top for the money isn't it? Worth the £19.99. Thicker than the £17.99 crew top merino too, which makes it even more of a bargain. £2 for a zip and more merino :)

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Ordered it today and fingers crossed for it to be here for my Xmas :)

Its the Case sway back. I loved the jack version of this, but because it was a Case and I thought it would be around forever, when I eventually did get around to buying one, there were none in the world and definitely no one wanted to part with theirs.

Secretly, I always wanted it as a single blade, and when I found they just released one recently, I snapped like a trout :):):)

Case-Swayback.png

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's a decent merino top for the money isn't it? Worth the £19.99. Thicker than the £17.99 crew top merino too, which makes it even more of a bargain. £2 for a zip and more merino :)
I was going to get the thinner set but there were non left. Just the lone top. Yes I can recommend it.( It's a 60 mile round journey and 3 buses each way to get to aldi. A marathon!)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've just got some poles from a trampoline from ebay [14.94 :)] which I'm going to use for a portable turtle dog hammock stand. The poles being swaged come apart it two sections making them more packable. Still heavy but will fit easily into a boot for car camping.

[if anyone else has any trampoline poles they no longer require let me know...]

mole trapper

Feb 2, 2007
cornwall
Yesterday my new bcb crusader mk2 set turned up. I can't believe how light it all is in comparison to the MK1.
I'm not sure how long the teflon coating will last, but it looks cool "at the moment".
Bought the mtp bag for it to sit in on the outside of my rucksack.
Picked it up from heinnie hanes, they were the best combined price I could find which is very unusual for them.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Yesterday my new bcb crusader mk2 set turned up. I can't believe how light it all is in comparison to the MK1.
I'm not sure how long the teflon coating will last, but it looks cool "at the moment".
Picked it up from heinnie hanes, they were the best combined price I could find which is very unusual for them.

I'd be interested in your experience if you use the 'dragon fuel' tablets in the mk2 burner - when i tried a few months ago, i just managed a roaring inferno that burnt itself out after about a minute without particularly heating the mug. I wonder if it was just a dodgy batch of tablets that i have, or if the dragon fuel which comes via a bottle would offer better results.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland

Its not teflon, the old stuff was (apparently) the new one is anodised aluminium.

The new set-up is lighter but a good bit larger overall, if your planning to do anything other than heat water with it i would recommend a trangia burner, instead of solid fuel. Some kind of lid is also a good investment;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade...=item4b0f0cf10e:g:6-EAAOSwp5JWaeu0:rk:18:pf:0

Reactions: mole trapper

mole trapper

Feb 2, 2007
cornwall
I'd be interested in your experience if you use the 'dragon fuel' tablets in the mk2 burner - when i tried a few months ago, i just managed a roaring inferno that burnt itself out after about a minute without particularly heating the mug. I wonder if it was just a dodgy batch of tablets that i have, or if the dragon fuel which comes via a bottle would offer better results.
Will do! I've got a box of the dragon gel here at present, I'll post up my findings when I get a chance to give it a spin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE