What combat boots do the UK Military wear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
Can anyone tell me what combat boots in 2021 the UK Military wear? Been watching footage of the Paras coming back from Afghanistan and they look like they are wearing a very lightweight brown walking boot. I’ve looked online and it seems to be a total mish mash with no definitive answer. Best I’ve got so far is possibly the Haix Scout or Altberg Defender...but I might be wrong.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
There are a number of different types for different roles from Kestrel boots from Turkey to Altberg Defenders. There are some cool looking suade Lowa boots in circulation too. Depends what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
As said, various makes but Aku are popular looks more like a traditional hiking boot. All these are referred to as High liability combat boots

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have a pair of Altberg Defenders and although they seem decent quality the Vibram soles couls best be described as "Slippery When Wet" and even walking on a wet pavement they have a little bit of slip that reduces confidence in them.
And I'm really not blown away by the grip on wet rock which lets face it is quite a lot of the Lake District.
Just pretty unimpressed with the soles of them. I dont know anyone I dislike enough to give em to.
The Meindl boots I have on the otherhand are far and away better although not waterproof. They are very breathable and dry out fast.

Reactions: S7eve

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Always worth remembering our kit is supplied by the lowest bidder!

I always remember a big bead of sweat rolling down my nose onto the toe of my Meindl Desert Fox foots and making my toes wet. No they aren’t in the least bit waterproof but then they were procured for high desert conditions.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Always worth remembering our kit is supplied by the lowest bidder!

I always remember a big bead of sweat rolling down my nose onto the toe of my Meindl Desert Fox foots and making my toes wet. No they aren’t in the least bit waterproof but then they were procured for high desert conditions.

For me I'd far rather have boots that grip well and dry out fast than dry feet and a broken leg.
To be fair, I'm a reasonably accomplished bog trotter and ok at finding the dry tufts of grass and so on to keep my feet out of the swampy bits.

Reactions: Macaroon

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I’ve had a pair of Amy’s now for a year, comfy from the box and still waterproof, in the winter though there is no warmth to them at all, overall good boots that are unfortunately ugly! Ha ha

Reactions: TLM

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I asked my nephew who is currently serving in the Army, he has AKU and Altbergs, use depends on what he is doing.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Altbergs, like a comfy ole pair of slarpit kippers straight from the box, no breaking/wearing in. Better than my Meindle Burma’s.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I understand it was whatever they could "borrow" from the Americans in various areas of deployment. :D

Reactions: S7eve

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
When I was in we had the original combat boot, people didn’t like them and magnum became a trend. They fell apart after 5 minuets. Then Lowa was the one to have, I left before altberg were issued but I’ve had AKU and they’re bomb proof, just heavy. I now have salewa, had them for 6 years now with no complaints.

hifon

BANNED - Scammer
Jun 4, 2023
United States
I have a pair of Altberg Defenders and although they seem decent quality the Vibram soles couls best be described as "Slippery When Wet" and even walking on a wet pavement they have a little bit of slip that reduces confidence in them.
And I'm really not blown away by the grip on wet rock which lets face it is quite a lot of the Lake District.
Just pretty unimpressed with the soles of them. I dont know anyone I dislike enough to give em to.
The Meindl boots I have on the otherhand are far and away better although not waterproof. They are very breathable and dry out fast.
he UK military was using several different types of combat boots depending on the branch and specific requirements. Some commonly mentioned brands for combat boots used by the UK military include:

1. *Mod deleted brand* is known for manufacturing durable and high-quality boots, including models like the *Mod deleted brand* and *Mod deleted brand* Combat Boot.
  2. *Mod deleted brand* is a British boot manufacturer that produces military-grade footwear. The *Mod deleted brand* is often mentioned as a popular choice for UK military personnel.
It's important to note that the specific boot models and brands used by the military may vary over time and depend on factors such as contracts, procurement decisions, and individual unit preferences. For the most accurate and up-to-date information on the combat boots currently worn by the UK military, it is best to consult official military sources or contact the relevant authorities directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE