what car you driving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
SLROC....! I may know a few of your Club members Stu, specifically the Rover Rescue section....(I'm 4x4 Response):D

Small world.... yep I am Rover Rescue as well "SR35", lol, Who do you know?, If I remember right there,s well over 60 of us now, and we are now affiliated to 4X4 Response.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
My current drive is a black 56 plate Kia Sorento with old Man Emu suspension the best mod though was Yokahama Geolander ATS tyres great quiet ride 130mph speed rating (car will probably do 110 down hill wind behind etc.) superb on ice & mud. Oh & yes it does go off road.

Phone call from Audi garage yesterday the Q5 we ordered in February will be here 3rd week in May not August/September as originally projected ...
The Audi has 65% -75% better fuel consumption over the kia; I have spoken to Q5 owners I'm not going to be had over as I was with Kia's inflated figures.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
First that comes to mind would be Dean your National Rep, (Deano) I'm NE010 and a 4x4RUK Trustee.:)

Hey only saw Deano on Sunday at our Newbourne off road course, His only just got Casper back on the road after some welding. we going to get people asking what the call signs ar for soon, lol, wonder if ther are any more Responce guys on here?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I drive a much used 1987 Rover 218SDt turbo diesel. I got given it by my step-dad after he got himself a car he could get into and out of more easily.

Very like this one:
1995-Rover-218-sd-turbo-diesel-only-63-130-genuine-mileage-20120113160610.jpg

She's got 205,000 miles on the clock and just 7 days ago passed the Controle Technique (French MOT) with only a couple of minor problems that the examiner thought should be brought to my attention. Rear suspension rubbers are a bit tired and the handbrake lever travels a bit too, otherwise she's a goer and I really like it. Mine's white with very few rust spots. The fact you don't need a laptop to fix is it what appeals to me the most.
In my work as a carpenter I sling my tools on a tarpaulin in the back with the rear seats dropped down and can carry quite a bit of stuff. Even slept in it a few times.

For my fun times I ride a Kawasaki GPz600r

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I have a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and I hate it. Used to drive a C Class Merc but then got a dog so it had to go. The space is useful and its comfortable on a run BUT, the semi auto gear box is a proper carp.

boisdevie

Forager
Feb 15, 2007
Not far from Calais in France
2004 Hyundai Trajet people carrier. A gift from my lovely mum. Does bugger all to the gallon but with the seats out it's great for moving tools and materials. Only done 46k miles and I reckon it's big enough to easily sleep in the back of - wondering if I can build some modular camper van bits for it that I can remove easily.

For fun I have a Kawasaki GT550. Not exactly fast by modern standards - 115 top whack and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I swear by my trusty 2.8 lwb pajero. Enough room for my gear and family when we camp. It'll pull just about anything. Decent a/t's so I'm ready. Just needs some bits n pieces to finish it off. I want a safari roof rack and rear ladders.
Parts are "cheapish" off evilbay, and if looked after properly they can last.
The pajero looks the same as the UK shogun except better spec, better build, heavier, thicker chasis.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
I've just replaced my Suzuki SJ with a landrover 90 300TDI which I'm running on veg oil. Smells a bit like a BBQ but saves me about 1/3 on the price of fuel. Would have loved to keep the SJ but it only had two seats and didn't have great pulling power even though I fitted it with a 1.6l Vitara engine and an SU carb. Also have a Golf mk4 gttdi 130 but thats the mrs daily drive.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
A meh 97 ford fiesta mk 4, got a V reg rover 75 sat on the drive (SHMBO's old car, trying to got shot of it but no bugger wants it!) and a Sym VS125 in the garage...not started it in 8 months...must do it :lmao:

I find myself strangely wanting either a Ford Puma or a Vauxhall Tigra, i like the shape of them for some weird reason :eek:

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Land Rover 110 station wagon G4 event vehicle when with the family and Land Rover 90 when by myself or with just one of the kids : )

Green Oval's all the way : )

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE