cars, waste of money?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Nice one southey i agree why have the expence of a car if your not gona enjoy it,
if the government want people to stop using there cars so much then they should stop removing local work and letting factories move abroad. Also reduce commuting to a set distance people want to earn big money in london but commute a 1000 miles to live someware nice which also stops locals being able to afford a house in there home town.
Moan moan moan moan tell me to shut up

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Who said "Need" means "work related?" Recreation is just as valid a need as any other. 4 wheelin' is an extremely enjoyable sport. Even when I lived in town I played in the country. I've been on class IV trails so far but hope to eventually make it to the Rubicon Trail (Class X) and I know I'm only daydreaming about The Widowmaker in Utah but who knows; maybe one day.

so very much want to run the Rubicon!, looking at fly drives for that very reason, wifely went to Moab two years ago and made me insanely jealous with pics of the rigs just tooling around town do you read Stu offroad?

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm with you Southey. Maybe we should start a parallel thread;

Wives, a necessity or a waste of money?

-or-

Wives, is it better to buy or to lease?

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hang on, I think were crossed here somewhere Dude, hahaha Jeeps rule
mall_rated.jpg

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Are you on face book? the only thing I have changed on mine is the tyres, 28" dueller mt 673's, it does everything i want it too, just have to drive smart and not put both feet in the ruts, I shall put some vids on you tube and poke up another thread.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Awsome yes im on facebook mate Wish i had some vids of when i did alot of off roading phones wernt very good then tho

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
western Norway
If you want a cheap car that is really tight when it comes to fuel, I would vote Peugeot 106, the 1.1 lawmoaner engine isnt exactly the dream, but it does the trick! I used to a lot of things, and back and forth in rush traffic to work. STILL, I only filled it up once a month.

I regret selling it, my Suzukie Grand Vitara is nicer in the winter and in the rual area`s, with the 4x4, but it use a lot more fuel.

My wife bikes to work moast of the year, nice way to keep fit!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
We have a VW T4 van and a Honda XL1000v Varadero bike and i think they're great value for money..... However we don't have any kids ("KIDS" Now we're talking a waste of money)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE