what car you driving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Ok not very bushcraft related but alot of my time recently has been spent tinkering with cars. I realise to alot of people cars are just transport and a waste of money which to be fair they are but ive allways loved cars and 4x4s plus following F1,
recently iv been working on a landrover discovery1 as i had one when i was 18 but never had the money to do anything to it so ten years on iv got another one.
Iv also got a mk5 golf gttdi 170 for a more eco everyday car which im looking at a few mods for.
Il post some pics if the thread gets interest.
I was just wondering of anybody else is into there motors?
Thanks

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
would love a Landy but am very happy with my workhorse - 'S' reg VW passat estate 1.9TDi red i. It takes a load of timber and tools in the back (or the missus' harp and my guitars), can be fixed without computers and just keeps on going :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
2005 Renault Clio

Astonishing how much work one of these does :D I drove mine up hills, through woods, across fields, in through castles, through two feet of snow and it never slipped, slid, stalled, stuck or skidded once.
I only sold it because it was too awkward for the elderly relations to manage in and out and trying to get everything into the little Clio for a fortnight away was a bit tight.

I'm driving a Suzuki Ignis now, and it's very good, but it has no where near the road holding of the Clio.

cheers,
Toddy

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I'm not a car man at all. It gets me from A to B, nuff said.

2002 Pug estate.
I sold my Seat Alhambra a few years back and regretted it ever since though.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Currently a 1994 Golf 1.9 Tdi - an astonishing thing when it comes to economy, I've had 0.2 mpg off 70mpg when driven exceedingly carefully, which puts even the Toymota Pious to shame.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 twin cab 2WD.
I have a friend with one of those - is yours the Cummins 6BT diesel or the V8? Always fancied the 6B's little 4cyl brother for my 90 if I ever break the Tdi that's in it.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Freelander 1.9 SE 04. 50000 MILES. a christmas present from the missus, hence been a bloody petrol and not a diesel. Never said anything other than i love it. i suppose i do really, except when i need to fill it up. About £85 and about 300-350 miles depending on where and how. I used to have a peugot 306 td that would do 700 miles. And i could get cheap diesel from a mate.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Currently a 1994 Golf 1.9 Tdi - an astonishing thing when it comes to economy, I've had 0.2 mpg off 70mpg when driven exceedingly carefully, which puts even the Toymota Pious to shame.

I have a friend with one of those - is yours the Cummins 6BT diesel or the V8? Always fancied the 6B's little 4cyl brother for my 90 if I ever break the Tdi that's in it.

The smaller gasoline V8 (not the Hemi) You cain't get it in diesel over here; for diesel you have to get the 2500 (3/4 ton) or larger. You can get a 10 cylinder gasoline V8 though. And the newer models have an option for a selective cylinder gasoline V8 (it operates on 4 cylinders at highway speed but the other 4 kick in when sudden power is needed)

Last edited:

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I have a Discovery 1 and a Series 3 88" landrover, neither of which require comptermebobs to fix them so keeping them running is that bit cheaper, especially as one runs on waste veg oil! Neither are big enough at times, despite having roofrack or ladder bars fitted, I have two trailers for extra or bulky loads. It is however often surprising what can be carried by even the smallest of family cars.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
07 Subaru Outback. Great for the family, camping and diving gear, wish I could have afforded the Diesel version but they were too new at the time. God it's expensive to run... Will
Keep it till next may and trade it in.... Just not sure what will take my fancy then ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE