What are your favourite makes of outdoor clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Machiavelli

May 21, 2009
Good Ole' Lancashire
There are so many great makers of outdoor clothing that we are becoming spoilt for choice!

I thought it might be fun to compile a list of some of our favourite makes.

Anyway, my top 5 are probably:

1. Arcteryx -- Great outdoor clothing. Looks good, feels good and does the job. Quite pricey though.

2. Trespass -- Good staple clothing. Relatively inexpensive most of the time!

3. Berghaus -- Fantastic quality. Guaranteed to keep you dry.

4. White Rock -- I only started purchasing this make last year, but they have quickly gained a place in my regular wear.

5. Elato -- All their gear is fair trade and it's great quality. Their thermals are particulaly good in my opinion.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Depends what sort of gear you're talking about... Berghaus and North Face do great "conventional" stuff, but at the moment I'm more into Filson and Pendelton... And that Fjallraven stuff looks great, but I haven't tried any myself. Then of course there's the trusty Highlander brand for the cheaper end of the market...

Do Stone Monkey even exist any more?

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I seem to have amassed quite a bit of craghopper recently - though not consciously, it just seems to fit me well.....

I have a penchant for Berghaus kit too :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Fjallraven, Fjallraven and Fjallraven. (can you tell I like their stuff?)

:)

You and me both mate. I have been wearing alot of Craghoppers recently though. Tough stuff, great price (at TKMaxx), and not so distressing when you rip or burn it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Pendleton wool shirts are good (second hand)

I've a couple of Berghaus Gortex jackets and the wife will be seen with me when I wear them around town.

I've got other stuff, usually second hand like down jackets, spent a lot on stoves over the years but that ties in with my other hobby.

No real need to spend loads on clothes for most of the UK to be honest, not like we are off up camping in the Arctic; if you are then splash out on some tactical boxer shorts etc ;)

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Fjallraven
Swazi
Stoney Creek
Swanndri
Ullfrotte
Lundhags
Country Innovations
Harkila (if only)

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Jacket, Montane Super Fly XT.

Fleece top, Decathlon.

Polo shirt, Fruit of The Loom (£5 for 3 from the market).

Gloves, Town & Country (£5 gardening gloves from the market).

Trousers, Regatta & Mountain Warehouse.

Boots, Berghaus.

Scarf, Buff.

Hat, Thinsulate beanie from a £1 shop.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE