What are you excited about?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Now that the lockdown is easing a bit and there's some more freedom and hopefully more to come, what are you excited about doing that you've not been able to?

I'm looking forward to seeing a few people and jumping in the sea with friends and having some adventures. It'll be good to have people over for a BBQ and to go further afield walking without feeling like I shouldn't be there...

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im going sailing every week.

And will be off on holiday in June

And the Bushmoot.

I have lots of things to look forwards to.

Dad, meanwhile is whining because he wont be going to Tenerife...

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Hehe. I've managed to get a few kayak fishing trips in since things have eased, which has been great, especially learning how to anchor. But I'm looking forward to doing some kayak surfing and overnighters involving the kayak. Hopefully a road trip exploring the islands of Western Scotland is on the cards later in the year.... We'll see.... in the meantime I'm pretty happy to be fishing and foraging

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Seeing my lads face when he gets his new bike early enough to take it into a big school photoshoot to promote cycling as transport instead of the car. We got the email is ready and we've managed to arrange for it to be collected and brought to us.

After that I'm looking forward to a summer cycle tour or possibly base camping with our pandemic times converted van and a tent with day rides out. Our son, as always, showing what a star he is on a bike.

Oh! And I hope to get us all out for our first family wild camp. I've been saying that since the lad was a few months old, he's 8 now! We just haven't managed to find the time. This year is it, i promise! Covid get out if it doesn't happen.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
I’m looking forward to the ranges opening up again. Made a helluva lot of ammo during lockdown. That and the post-shoot BBQ’s!

Reactions: TeeDee

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Ha ha, we moved our D&D online through the whole the lockdown, it's not the same but it's better than nought!
My group did that but I deemed it the greatest travesty since Bob Dylan went electric.

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
I have searched and I searched and I find I am not really looking forward to anything as well, years of ill health well prepared me for lockdown, to find I do what I can when I can, to not be too fussed if I can't of which I think sort of ties in with the Myers Briggs INFP personality type of which I am aligned.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
To be honest, mainly just spending more time with the grandchildren. I've got loads of projects on so I'm really not missing much at all other than that. I had to go into Shrewsbury last week to pick up some gear; after just an hour I was exhausted by the chaos of people and traffic :) - I'm in no rush to get back to 'normal'.

I don't think we'll be doing any of our coast trek this year; maybe next year if the fuss over wild-camping and messy camper van owners has died down.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Putting my 3 meter RAF silk scarf on and driving this wannabe beep-beep around the lanes.

( I know its cheap!! I wouldn't be wanting to drop serious money on things that depreciate. )

car.jpg

car2.jpg

Reactions: Broch

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
To be honest, mainly just spending more time with the grandchildren. I've got loads of projects on so I'm really not missing much at all other than that. I had to go into Shrewsbury last week to pick up some gear; after just an hour I was exhausted by the chaos of people and traffic :) - I'm in no rush to get back to 'normal'.

I don't think we'll be doing any of our coast trek this year; maybe next year if the fuss over wild-camping and messy camper van owners has died down.
I’m not doing much wild camping until after the summer. To many folk about getting in the way.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I do get slightly excited when it is not snowing. (We have had flurries for the last several days.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE