Wests Wood Fair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cracking weekend, good to meet you and David, Wayne, and sorry to miss you Bob. We got home late afternoon yesterday via The Fox Goes Free, and went to bed still stinking of woodsmoke. And beer probably. :)

Apparently the bar at the site closed at 3am on the Friday night, and looking at a few of the stall holders on the Sunday, something similar must have happened on the Saturday night. :confused::D

Apologies for Greenman not actually being there due to work pressures, I had no idea they weren’t there. Somewhat thwarted any plans of meeting. Well, that and no phone signal.

Here is one of my purchases, I couldn’t resist it. It’s a piece of wood from Guatemala that has been exposed to the volcanos heat and literally burst open like a flower. Totally blew me away when the lady told me how it was formed. The Guatemalans use them as kindling wood, she says there are piles of them.

92_DAF71_D-6_BBB-4_A15-9_D00-33_DE902_F5473.jpg

Last edited:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
It was a good weekend. We enjoyed meeting lots of like minded folk. Demonstrating the odd skill. Atlatl carving and throwing, Bow Making and spoon carving.

We got to see some old faces like Sonny from Beneath the stars leather. Pete the joker and several others whose names escape me.

The West’s show is a very relaxed show in a beautiful valley in the heart of the South Downs National Park. It’s a lot less commercial than many.

I’d like to thank the members of the Surrey and Sussex Coppice Group for supporting the show.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE