Wests Wood Fair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thought I’d point this small event out to everyone. It’s just up the road from me in East Dean, West Sussex. I’ve lived here a while and for some reason never got myself there, so this year we’ll be going with the belltent and some cross forum and very good friends. I’m hoping Mark (Kepis) will be able to get there too.

There’s lovely camping on site, or just a wander up the lane at Newhouse Farm. We’ll be camping at Newhouse because I’m not fancying someone starting a chainsaw right next to my tent. :D

https://westswoodfair.co.uk/

http://www.nhfcamping.com/camping.html

No affiliation etc, it’s just a nice spot to spend a weekend.

Reactions: Kepis

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Oooh! The missus and I might be able to get along to that one :). Probably on the Friday for the day only....

Be good to meet you.

There’s utterly no phone signal in that part of the valley so not much point in sending my number. My good friend Astley of Greenman Carpentry will be there in the Brown Mouse, a beautifully restored horse drawn caravan ,he’ll point you our way. We’re Rich and Lara.

http://greenmancarpentry.co.uk/

The Brown Mouse at the Weald and Downland Museum. Read from the link above about the history, she’s an absolute peach. :)

79_D79833-9_A97-4_CA3-8715-_ABF81_F221107.jpg

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
It will be good to meet you too. We will driving down from Surrey so not too far and we should get there for a reasonable time. I have subscribed to the email feed on the website and will keep an eye out for further details.

Cheers, Bob

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Wayne, will do. We have met before at the Magna Carta Primitive archery weekend a couple of years back - I’m the bald bespectacled hobby archer/bowyer/fletcher mate of Dave Sinfield. I’m really into making stuff from natural materials so I think the wood fair will be very interesting!

Cheers, Bob

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I am also bald and bespectacled and will come and say hello. We were almost neighbours for a few years Wayne, I lived in North Bersted St.

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
I'm away at the moment but once I get home I'll check with my wife but I'm pretty sure we can make it down for either the Sat or the Sun.
Any idea what time the chainsaw and axe races are? I would hate to miss them.
I don't plan on camping this time but I'd be really interested in your thought on the campsite. Their website doesn't give much detail about what the pitches are like.
I suppose I can always just have a look on the day!
Anyway look forward to meeting some of you.
Russ

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm away at the moment but once I get home I'll check with my wife but I'm pretty sure we can make it down for either the Sat or the Sun.
Any idea what time the chainsaw and axe races are? I would hate to miss them.
I don't plan on camping this time but I'd be really interested in your thought on the campsite. Their website doesn't give much detail about what the pitches are like.
I suppose I can always just have a look on the day!
Anyway look forward to meeting some of you.
Russ

Use Google Earth to find Newhouse Farm, Newhouse Lane, East Dean. Follow the track past the farm and you’ll see a green square up on the left that offers limited space. Follow track along to the end and there’s a great big field surrounded by Charlton Forest. You can camp anywhere you want. The farmer and Wests supply firewood for open fires. It’s all very relaxed.

Google Earth Link

https://earth.app.goo.gl/umeGJ
#googleearth

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
No idea of times, maybe ring Wests?

I might see Chris later, one of the furniture makers. If I do, I’ll ask him.

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Ill give them a ring.
Good idea about Google Earth and it sounds lovely. I'll have a look when we are at the fair and look at coming back in the summer holidays.
All the best and hopefully meet some people at the fair.
Russ

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ill give them a ring.
Good idea about Google Earth and it sounds lovely. I'll have a look when we are at the fair and look at coming back in the summer holidays.
All the best and hopefully meet some people at the fair.
Russ

Spent a bit of the day packing some camping gear and food, beer etc. Hope to see a you and Bob there. :)

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Helene and I will be setting out early-ish and so should be there at a reasonable time. We will buy our tickets once we get there and play it by ear after that. We will look for the Brown Mouse and/or Greenman Carpentry stand and find you like that:)

Cheers, Bob

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Helene and I will be setting out early-ish and so should be there at a reasonable time. We will buy our tickets once we get there and play it by ear after that. We will look for the Brown Mouse and/or Greenman Carpentry stand and find you like that:)

Cheers, Bob

David Sinfield will be looking after the forest knights stall whilst I’m flitting around teaching.

We are stand number 40.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Cheers, Bob

We’ll be up late lunchtime after shopping etc., probably get our tent set up and wander along for about 2.30-3.00. Can’t do much earlier as the oldest, incontinent, and increasingly losing her faculties Jack Russell isn’t staying in our tent this time, she gets confused and wees. My dear Mum has said she’ll have her, but can’t pick her up until PM.

Looking forward to it, see you there. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE