West Winds Windshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Own one?
I have just ordered one. I've been told that it will take 28 days to arrive.
I have read remarks on this thread about West Winds's customer service, but am I right in thinking that when it DOES arrive I will be happy with it?

I have a Snowsled catalogue on the way. I know - I should have waited until I got it before I made a decision!
What do Snowsled do that is similar to the WWW?

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
I've got one too, you do have to wait a while but it's a very good bit of kit.
Snowsled do a 'Classic' smock and a 'Stormshirt' at £190 and £130 which also look very good and can be customised to your preference. They also have the 'Wilderness' jacket which is fleece lined at £275 - i've heard it can be a bit too warm!

AntarcticFire

Oct 3, 2003
Guildford, Surrey
www.uhmc.co.uk
I've had one of these on order for the last month... it was *supposed* to arrive this week. :-( It's a shame cos I could really do with it!

(The guy that runs West Winds said the delay was due to them merging with Snugpack recently.)

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Snowsled catalogue arrived today. I NEED a "Classic". I'm going to cancel the West Winds Windshirt and go for the Snowsled. Shouldn't be a problem as they haven't made the Windshirts yet!
Just need to suss the pocket configuration...

AntarcticFire

Oct 3, 2003
Guildford, Surrey
www.uhmc.co.uk
Well.... after 4 MONTHS of waiting, my West-Winds Windshirt finally arrived last night!!!! :rant:

The amount of grief I've had to go through to get it was absolutely ridiculous,
but having said that, I'm really impressed with it.

They're being made by Brett Harris (Snugpak) now, but they've still got a
HUGE backlog of stuff to make from previous orders that didn't
get filled under the previous owner of West Winds. I ended up ringing
the managing director of Snugpak to find out what the heck was going on
which seemed to speed things along quite a bit...

Summary: West Winds clothing brilliant, delivery time next decade.

(I wonder if I should order another one now for when this one wears out? :lol: )

D

Deleted 70

Dear AntarcticFire

Like you say there has been a huge backlog at Snugpak, we are slowly catching up with the back log now. We have transfered all of the production side to Snugpak now and the admin / web site are now just being finished, so by the end of next month it should be up to the same standard as everything else we do here at snugpak.

The web site will be www.west-winds.co.uk and ventile gear will also be linked in direcly with snugpak site at www.snugpak.com

Hope this helps you out a little bit :)

If you require any more info please contact me via e-mail stewart@snugpak.com

Regards,

Stewart (Snugpak)

leon-1

Neo_ad said:
Dear AntarcticFire

Like you say there has been a huge backlog at Snugpak, we are slowly catching up with the back log now. We have transfered all of the production side to Snugpak now and the admin / web site are now just being finished, so by the end of next month it should be up to the same standard as everything else we do here at snugpak.

The web site will be www.west-winds.co.uk and ventile gear will also be linked in direcly with snugpak site at www.snugpak.com

Hope this helps you out a little bit :)

If you require any more info please contact me via e-mail stewart@snugpak.com

Regards,

Stewart (Snugpak)

Good to hear that Snugpak have taken over (I am one of the malcontents), can I make one thing clear, I have always been happy with the quality of West-Winds equipment, my one and only problem has been thier customer service.

Previously I would not have bought anything from them again, but if there is someone else in charge, I would be happy to try them again (the short parka that I got from them is an excellent jacket and I am exceptionally happy with it).

Good Luck Snugpak :-D

D

Deleted 70

That is right leon-1 west winds customer service used to be terrible, we are still helping out customers from months ago. I would give us another month just to get on top of things so you are not disappointed.

EdS we are making the Ventile in Silsden, however you will not be able to come to the factory to buy them. To order you would need to use the web site www.west-winds.co.uk (coming soon).

They are however, made and dispatched from the Snugpak Silsden factory.

If anyone has any further questions, please post here or contact me at stewart@snugpak.com

Stewart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE