Were you on this survival course?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
I did a 5 day 'Extreme' survival course with 'Survival School' in November 2004, based near Stranraer, Scotland.

It was a great course with maybe 8-10 students and 3 instructors. I would love to know if anyone from that course is a member of this forum and still into bushcraft. Or were you an instructor?

I was the one with the blue goretex while everyone else wore green.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
That's the course that I'm doing later this year. As far as I know JC doesn't look at forums and I don't think that any of the instructors that I've met are members either.

Sorry for not being helpful at all! :)

Chris

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
It was a great 5 days, and a really good environment with a mix of forest, coast and hills. I hope you enjoy eating limpets, because there wasn't much else on nature's menu when I went.

Brown Bear

Forager
May 12, 2009
Cambridge
Were you the one with the SWB landy?

Since that week I have been really into wild camping and I think my skills have come a long way. I've even persuaded a few mates to take up the call of the wild.

Glad to see you are making a career of it still. The website looks good.

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
Yes, that would've been me. I remember that the weather was so rough that we had to get some heating rigged up in an old barn in case anyone got too cold. We knocked the bottom out of a rusty milk churn, set it up on bricks with some old spanners as a grate, rolled up some wriggly tin as a make shift chimney and sealed all the holes up with mud to make an improvised woodburner. I think you lot were all much warmer than us in your shelters though!

I used to enjoy those early winter trips up to Scotland.

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
That river crossing was &^%$£ freezing!

That's what the 3lbs 3oz of Alpacka Raft, Scout is for.....
happy0054.gif

alpackaraft-126-1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE