Which bushcraft/outdoor/survival/camping/hiking Youtube channels do you subscribe to?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Love watching Wiltshire Man, got tired of Shaun Kelly moaning about being persecuted, switched off Simon and his boy Kent survival, stuffing their faces and endless eating is not my thing, Des Cattys needs to calm down and learn civility , Dave Canterbury needs to learn to talk slower, Uncle Ray is perfect!!. Bear Grylls, Survivorman and Alone are in different parts of the world which have no relevance to my world. And the Apo 1 is a great knife. Well done Survival Lilly.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I'm subscribed to lots of people, but I don't watch all their videos or even the entirety of their videos... sometimes things look of interest to me, other times not.

A lot of channels do a few kit reviews, some kit interests me so I'll watch, others are irrelevant.

Simon a bloke in the woods, does the odd bike camp, or land-rover camp. I don't do either so I tend not to watch them...

Reality is, if I watched every video of subscribed channels, I'd never get outside myself.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Love watching Wiltshire Man, got tired of Shaun Kelly moaning about being persecuted, switched off Simon and his boy Kent survival, stuffing their faces and endless eating is not my thing, Des Cattys needs to calm down and learn civility , Dave Canterbury needs to learn to talk slower, Uncle Ray is perfect!!. Bear Grylls, Survivorman and Alone are in different parts of the world which have no relevance to my world. And the Apo 1 is a great knife. Well done Survival Lilly.
i tend to skip the cooking bits as well, both for Kent survival and corporals corner, the latter is ok for the shelter bits, but the food is just heart attack on a plate, and the bits where he gushes about his son is cringy and annoying.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
I watch many of the channels mentioned, but Im suprised Papa Hiker on You Tube who possibly has the most comprehensive & best tarp set up videos I've seen and full how too explainations with set up shown has not been mentioned.
Ive linked to a video for bad weather set ups, rather than his channel.

Dean77

Dec 13, 2015
Derbyshire

I don't think anyones mentioned this guy, Bertram.

His videos are the most relaxing to watch.....no talking, just amazing skills and scenery.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Minotaur

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Girl in the woods and her hubby bushradical. Love their cabin building and watching them build from scratch. Cute dogs too!
Presently doing girl in the woods challenge to change your life.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
That's too many YouTube channels to check out. I start off researching how to tie a knot and end up wasting hours keeping up with the latest installment of someone's personal life/ outdoor business/ spiritual journey. I only found Bushcraft Bear because a volcano popped up near his home, now I'm concerned for his health, but keeping up to date with the German economy!
For a good back catalogue for research, there's Paul Kirtley or the MCQBushcraft Archive (now enjoying family life in Sweden).
I'm old and easily distracted: I like words that paint the pictures and a narrative that adds the movement.

Now I wonder if TA_Outdoors has finished his bushcraft camp...

Z
I find the knot tying videos a little stressful. Even Dave's books give me a twitch.
They get them wrong, call them by odd names or use a name which does not really apply to one knot.
Also I have found my Bushcraft thing I cannot discuss due to it requiring 3 hours and a slide presentation!
Love the channel however one of the reviews of a trangia had me chewing the table. How he did start a forest fire is one of the great mysteries of life.
And another female bushcraft survival lily

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
She has gone very end of the world prepper all of a sudden.
I like Cimber and Fan Dabidozi something about the way they both contrast traditional and modern techniques & equipment.
Forgot about Fan however his take is really interesting.
I haven’t seen Blackie Thomas mentioned.

Damn you beat me to it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE