well, this is hilarious......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Myke Hawke is the genuine deal. He was in the same unit as I for a time, when he was very young and I was gettin old :) The man truly knows his survival skills, particularly from a military perspective.

He still clings to the old "BFK" style knife, too many years in the military! I finally graduated to a proper blade myself.

I like the new show, Myke has some good tips and the wife makes the show hilarious, they are quite a pair. He does use that military instructor voice, guess I am used to it myself. CHeers!

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I love the way he puts on that scary voice and tries to act like a soldier but when his wife's around he's all feminine and affectionate :lmao:

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
What scares me is that some of these people can sound so... twee. Like Frank Zappa saying, "I'm just washing my hands, dear!"

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Better than BG by a mile!
I luuuuurv "the vioce" and well- in episode one when she tried out the "jungle lemonade" stick....I wondered where the film was going! :D
Real info, real funny (intentional?) and realy nice scenery.....I could watch more :)

drago

Feb 25, 2010
Blackpool / liberia
i got to admit i think this is bloody hilarious..... just to see him get nagged as much as any other man alive

nice to see that they are not using any fancy kit either (unlike mr G), just a nice cheap cold steel kukri..... just goes to show that you can do a lot even with a $20 knife

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I really like the bit where he was ahving to be as patient as a husband can be when teaching your wife how to kill a snake. keep calm, deep breaths and repeat instructions.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
"We just float and hope for a boat" :)) :))

This is hilarious, pure comedy. It took a while for me to realize this is not a spoof.

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
His wife was definitely the main attraction for me...But I was very disappointed not to see her remove her underwear!

This chap does seem to know his stuff, but I didn't need his resume, which to be honest is pretty normal, and nothing special for someone from SF with that length of time in.

This clip (well the bit of it I watched) did remind me of one funny thing to do with U.S. training. When he said they could not just get into the water, because of all the nasty things in there, it reminded me how British troops (plus many other countries, inc Russian) would have to just get in! I also remembered how the Americans have teams that clear their training areas of baddies such as snakes and creepy crawlies, to avoid injuries to the rangers on exercise. While this is good for health and safety (and for the baddies, to hide them from the snake eaters lol), its not too good for realism.
That is no reflection on this bloke, as he was not a ranger, but I used to find it an amusing thing to do.

I think I will watch more of this though, when I have time, as it has a refreshing and down to earth approach to showing techniques.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE