Weirauch hw35

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Still heavier than the average. :) All under levers are heavy compared to break barrels.

Good guns though, no doubt about that.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The 99s is a better rifle imo.

I've been looking at a reasonably cheap springer having found I used my BSA Ultra so little I sold it. I used to have the Weihrauch 77, superb rifle, could sever a reed in the water with it, but it was too heavy.

I'm seeing two different 99s, one with a plain stock, another with chequering and stippling.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Get a newer one with the chequering... Some of the earlier models suffered from galling.... that is... the cocking mech had an issue and caused the cocking linkage to gouge tramlines (deep scratches) into the cylinder. Not all the old ones had that issue.. but the earlier versions of the old style did.

Safer to go new style as the issue was sorted before that style came out.

Think they can can be had for £185 ish new if you look about.

Go .22 too, they are desgned to be very efficient at that calibre.. they struggle in .177 and don't quite make full power and feel harsher

I've been looking at a reasonably cheap springer having found I used my BSA Ultra so little I sold it. I used to have the Weihrauch 77, superb rifle, could sever a reed in the water with it, but it was too heavy.

I'm seeing two different 99s, one with a plain stock, another with chequering and stippling.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks Mark. I'll be going back to .22. The Ultra was in .177 and flawless, but springers pushing the limits do tend to clang a bit. It'll be a while before I buy, I'm just gathering contenders.

Oct 31, 2015
Dudley
Weihrauch HW100KT In .177 and a hawke airmax sf 4-16x50 (for hunting)scope and jsb exact pellets all the way, 177 has a flatter trajectory than .22 making it a better option, if your plinking then use a hawke airmax sf 6-24x50.
Pcp is the way to go these days, the hw100 gives of an almighty crack when you fire it, this is why they suplied a moderator (silencer) with it and it is one of the best on the market, it has a 14 pellet magazine and it's super slick on the change, when you fire it there's no kick and it has a match grade trigger, I have the hw100kt in laminate and the hawke 4-16x50 and nightsight ns200 myself but I'm looking at trying the new hw110 soon, I've heard the safety catch on the 110 is too loud when flipping it off and scaring the quarry away ... Hope this helps

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE