Wearing an essentials belt WITH a backpack..

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Here are two photos of the 5" TacTies fitted to my pouch. The top one shows the three horizintal strips at the back of the pouch with the TacTies passed down behind all three then over the lowest and behind the two upper bands. The TacTies thread around the belt and the tab end is passed through the plastic buckle to secure.
They can quickly be disconnected from the belt, but once fitted the tag on the end of the TacTie
locks into the buckle.
Hope that helps.
Alan

CIMG0642.jpg
CIMG0641.jpg

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Thanks Alan, excellent post. Simple, but very effective.

I had another idea today, may be a little easier to disconnect too; will post pics when I can.

swissgearlabs

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Switzerland
www.youtube.com
Here are two photos of the 5" TacTies fitted to my pouch. The top one shows the three horizintal strips at the back of the pouch with the TacTies passed down behind all three then over the lowest and behind the two upper bands. The TacTies thread around the belt and the tab end is passed through the plastic buckle to secure.
They can quickly be disconnected from the belt, but once fitted the tag on the end of the TacTie
locks into the buckle.
Hope that helps.
Alan

View attachment 8354
View attachment 8355

thanks alan for showing the pics, very simple indeed! I have some of those TTs as well and am off to try 'em on my pouch...
p@

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I would say anything by Maxpedition (expensive), Snugpak Response (I have one), grab bag of some sort- a quick search on ebay brought up a few ideas including a nifty Niton EDC bag.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Something that has been bugging me for a while now..

I like to wear a belt that I can always have on my person with certain things on in case I ever get separated from my main pack - First aid kit, Utility kit (calling it a survival kit makes me nauseous, also instead of those 'squeeze everything in so it's bursting' kits, I like to have mine as a common use pouch that I actually use) & Multitool/knife.

Problem is, I cannot think of a way to carry this while I have a backpack (with a waist strap) on that is comfortable and practical.

Anyone have a solution that they use for this? Any advice would be great.

Cheers!

I had topknot make me one about 3yrs ago, its designed to sit low on the belt & would avoid the hip belt on a pack.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE