We Made A Big Mistake

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I have a plan:
I have a large steel trunk in the garage in a difficult-to-get-to spot in the corner. It pre-dates my relationship with wifey by many years and its contents are veiled by years of obfuscation. Now I want to get wifey's support in owning a musty smelling ex-army what-not, so I just mope about the house going on about how I am sure I have one somewhere. I even show her pictures of similar things available at inflated prices on the bay, and ask if she has encountered such a thing around the house.

In due course, the said item can, by the magic of Paypal, arrive at my place of work. All I have to do is get it home and (momentarily), put it into my trunk. Then I can triumphantly bring it into the house saying (with a clear conscience) "Look what was in my trunk!". She will be delighted as I will be happy and not moping anymore, and her innner material girl will be satisfied that we own an item whose value is clear from the ridiculous prices paid on ebay.

If I am found out I may be sleeping in said trunk, but I don't think I am being too malicious as I suspect that she has been doing the same thing to me for years with handbags!

Z

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I have a plan:
I have a large steel trunk in the garage in a difficult-to-get-to spot in the corner. It pre-dates my relationship with wifey by many years and its contents are veiled by years of obfuscation..."

It is a good plan. It works. In my case the steel trunk takes the form of four 140 litre North Face Duffle bags, it is amazing how much gear has magically appeared in those down through the years. :)

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
I have a six by four garden shed now which is my own man cave full of kit so if I buy a new toy it just gets hidden in the cave :)

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I was following this thread until you said something about putting kit away properly. You lost me at that point.

Putting kit away? Properly? I don't think I've come across those terms before. Whatever they mean, something about them just doesn't sound right to me.

I'm confused, so I'm off for the evening, assuming I can get to the door without falling over some kit...

That what sheds are for is it not

I tell my wife the stuff in there is hung up drying and there are a lot of very sharp things so don't go in

So far she has fallen for it

Jan 5, 2010
bedfordshire
What you two don't know is that we where actually discussing how we could discreetly sell things a little at time. You wouldn't notice as half of it doesn't get used!:rolleyes:
So there may not be anything left to secretly swap!! :)
I'm not that bad, just wish we had more space for it all.
My bedroom now reminds me of being in the store room with my dad when i was younger and he was in the royal marines. Minus the medicine balls!!!
Lady of Tanith

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE