Washing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Do you have a flannel or a sponge in your wash kit

I prefer a sponge but its bulky

what do you suggest?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i don't even have a flannel or a sponge at home, never really been able to work out what you're supposed to do with them
bar of soap in a little mesh bag, toothbrush (and toothpaste if in polite company), and a hairbrush - that's the entire contents of my wash kit.

stuart

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Two flannels, top and tail :)
Bits of an old flannelette sheet work fine. They wring out and fold down small. Dry off fairly quickly too if hung up to air.

Hard to beat wet wipes, but they're litter iimmc. That's not a criticism, just something that has to be bought and then disposed of.

Tengu, shops sell little packs the same size as paper hankies for handbags. Intended for schoolkids usually.

cheers,
Toddy

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
I tried the 'Sage Rinse Free Deodorant Body Wash Wipes' the other week and they certainly work in combating smelly pits. Recommended if you are away for a while.

Otherwise pinching what's left of SWIMBO's 'Dr Bronners magic soap' is the order of the day. It smells better than grandpa's pine tar soap :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I use one of those nylon shower scrunchy jobs. They don't hold water and hence don't stink after a few weeks of being damp. My mates good lady took pity on me after seeing me use one for a while and founf one for me in Olive Green :D

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Bandana. Keeps the insects/sun off my neck, used as a mit when cooking, and works well as a washrag.

To paraphrase Lars Munson, I believe it is healthy to be dirty

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE