wanted. british or american military marching compass. in gwo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys ive been getting into navigational skills of late. and decided i want a military compass.

i was watching a guy on youtube using a british sighting compass. and another one using an american one cammenga type.

and cos i liked the look of them both i thought id ask if any members have one they may be willing to trade.

in swaps am offering a gerber axe which is used but cared for. as photos will show.

a boker magnum camp knife which is brand new with box and paperwork. and would make a superb re handle/ customising project

and a british army ww2 brass oil bottle stamped wd with crows foot on bottom and some lettering on lid which reads cwc i think.

photos of all items to follow shortly

Last edited:

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
am also looking for an enzo trapper knife or enzo trapper blade blank in d2 steel. for offers of the right item am willing to combine all items together though the compass is priority one.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I don't have one for trade but I would offer a bit of advice if you get an offer for the Cammenga. The real one comes in two basic models (and three colors) The Tritium model is self luminecent and costs more. The other (cheaper priced but just as well made) model uses the sort of luminecence that needs to absord light from another source to glow for a short time. They're both good for day use and you might not care which you get. But do be advised the difference (and cost difference) exists so be aware before you agree to a trade. Also beware of cheap knock-offs.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thank you so much for the advice. the main reason I liked both the compasses i saw was cos of the self night illunination.
am just hoping someone on here has one of either they dont use. or do use but fancy a nice knife and axe moreso!!

just to point out that the top third of the knife blade is not heavily clipped like a bowie its just the way the light is catching it. the clip is quite shallow.
anyway thanks for your advice matey GB.

I don't have one for trade but I would offer a bit of advice if you get an offer for the Cammenga. The real one comes in two basic models (and three colors) The Tritium model is self luminecent and costs more. The other (cheaper priced but just as well made) model uses the sort of luminecence that needs to absord light from another source to glow for a short time. They're both good for day use and you might not care which you get. But do be advised the difference (and cost difference) exists so be aware before you agree to a trade. Also beware of cheap knock-offs.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
just thought id point out that im offering all the items on this thread in exchange for one of the compasses mentioned dependant on model and condition etc.
the same applies to a complete enzo trapper. for a trapper blade in any steel we can sort something out which will be mutually beneficial to both parties. cheers guys.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I can't compare as i really know nothing about the British ones. I do know I've never had any complaint with the Cammenga (other than it's heavier than a civilian orienteering compass) I suspect you'd do well with either TBH.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
cant take my eyes off these compasses now am getting hooked. it says on the net that the cammenga ones are copper induction damped?? dont know what that means but i assume it dont have liquid in. dont know which one i like best now confused confused confused.

hi just been having a look at the cammenga ones dont seem as well put together as british ones but still like one none the less.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
cant take my eyes off these compasses now am getting hooked. it says on the net that the cammenga ones are copper induction damped?? dont know what that means but i assume it dont have liquid in. dont know which one i like best now confused confused confused.

You're correct; it has no liquid (better for all climate use) It achieves the dampening via "induction" in a small copper wire. What that means is that when the magnetic needle swings, it generates a small current in said wire. This in turn generates a weak magnetic field which slows (dampens) the needle swing.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
oh wow!!! i want one now lol i had a silva compass crack once when id been out in the snow with it. silva replaced it free of charge but i can see the point of no liquid. also been looking at recta dp6g they look amazing sort of matchbox size but mint...

shovel reccy

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
cambridge
i have a cammenga one which i dont use any more. as im with the acf now i use my silva, its in top condition in case with azimeth card its the tritium one if thats any good.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Which one you after? The type 27 or the 3H.
03E97614-9816-48BA-BF1F-CD26F86B75BE-2827-00000237BBCA40ED_zpse99183ac.jpg

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys ive done a deal with paul, shovel reccy. and got hold of an american compass but to be honest ive got the bug for them now. im still after a british one. and have lots of first class stuff to trade for one the knife on here is gone in trade the axe remains. and ive stuff in other listings. plus lots of really good gear which isnt listed.
to make my dream come true however an enzo trapper blade would really make my day.
cheers guys..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE