Want to help do something amazing ? I NEED YOUR HELP !! Thank you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Thanks to Tony for allowing me to post this request.

image upload

For further information please visit www.enduroafrica.com

If you'd like to see just what I'm going to be facing.. check out the video below:
[video=youtube;lp6AWJqV-Es]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp6AWJqV-Es[/video]

Please sponsor me if you can... ANY AMOUNT large or small all helps the cause. Think of it like webuyanycar.com I'll accept anything from 50p to a hundred grand (I wish.. lol).

Thank you in advance....Mad Dave

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Good causes there Dave!! And good luck for the trip.

I'm broke now for this month ( Cegga axe- woohoo) but keep i'll keep an eye on this thread for next month.

Have you considered JustGiving? Its a website my friend used to raise sponsorship money when she did a triathlon for charity. People could donate via facebook on it and it generated quite good funds. Only good if you're on fb of course ;)

ATB
Ness :)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Good causes there Dave!! And good luck for the trip.

I'm broke now for this month ( Cegga axe- woohoo) but keep i'll keep an eye on this thread for next month.

Have you considered JustGiving? Its a website my friend used to raise sponsorship money when she did a triathlon for charity. People could donate via facebook on it and it generated quite good funds. Only good if you're on fb of course ;)

ATB
Ness :)

Justgiving is a good site if you only donate to a single charity. I have four plus enduro africa itself which is providing the bikes. Therefore the paypal way was my only option for this one.

This is the information I received from Enduro Africa...

Can I use ‘Just Giving’ or similar sites for fundraising?
No – the Just Giving website is designed to donate funds directly to one particular cause. Enduro Africa is supporting four charities and our charity donation must be divided between the beneficiaries as outlined in this pack. In addition, funds raised through Just Giving cannot be put towards any of the costs of the event. Please contact the fundraising team for details of how to set up online fundraising without using Just Giving.

Last edited:

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I've watched the video's (all of them) on the web site, looks amazing, loved it.
I was having the thought 'I quite fancy that' but then reality kicked back in. I only ever had a provisional license, that was 25yrs ago, I've haven't ridden a bike since then, I don't think a 200cc bike could drag my fat butt up some (all/any) of those hills. But apart from all that... I'm with you Dave.

So Dave when did you decide you where off on this adventure? Why? and what experience do you have?
Have you thought about doing a video diary during the trip? It would be something for supporters to look forward to.

I will donate, but this month is totally FUBAR in the money dept.

I was also looking at the fund-raising ideas on the site. I really like the idea of a 'Pub Crawl', just not sure how helps rise money.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I've watched the video's (all of them) on the web site, looks amazing, loved it.
I was having the thought 'I quite fancy that' but then reality kicked back in. I only ever had a provisional license, that was 25yrs ago, I've haven't ridden a bike since then, I don't think a 200cc bike could drag my fat butt up some (all/any) of those hills. But apart from all that... I'm with you Dave.

So Dave when did you decide you where off on this adventure? Why? and what experience do you have?
Have you thought about doing a video diary during the trip? It would be something for supporters to look forward to.

I will donate, but this month is totally FUBAR in the money dept.

I was also looking at the fund-raising ideas on the site. I really like the idea of a 'Pub Crawl', just not sure how helps rise money.

Hey Freddy. I was looking at doing this last year but it books up really quick. This year I was lucky enough to secure a cancellation. I've put £500 of my own money in already (only fair I think) and the reason for doing it is simple. Loads of folk have many many commitments that don't allow them to do something like this. I have no kids, I have a job, I'm well fed and warm. I got my education for free and my healthcare has been affordable all my life. There are people in the world that don't have this luxury. They fight every day for simple things like clean water, a full belly and the chance to learn. By doing this ride I can give something back. In the past I have been involved with other projects like bringing Information Technology to developing countries (recycling computers etc so poor communities can access the WWW and the learning resources it has to offer). As for experience. I have been riding for over 30 years with several offroad jaunts on big enduros (BMW R1150GS, Honda Varadero XL1000V etc) But I have never done 2000kms over 10 days. so the challenge isn't just one of fundraising, It's a personal challenge to "suck it up" get down and dirty and complete this gruelling task and ensure the health workers and communities dependant on these bikes and the donations get the very best that we in the developed world can offer. I will be doing a video diary and am going to borrow a helmet cam so you can all see me "ragdolling" through the savannah when I inevitably come a cropper....

Thanks to those who have donated already.. keep up the good work. I have over £350 in donations to date (plus £500 from me) and this is awesome. Remember guys if you can afford a pound or a fiver , every little helps and I know the children of Africa's south coast will be very grateful.... I am !!

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I'll send something when the pension comes in next week mate.( not oap btw.. more like old age punk..:lmao:).

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
At this stage I'd like to point out that if more people don't donate, there is a definite chance that Dave will post photos of himself wearing a mankini.
:D
Save yourself, send money now!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
At this stage I'd like to point out that if more people don't donate, there is a definite chance that Dave will post photos of himself wearing a mankini.
:D
Save yourself, send money now!

It's not a possibility Graham... Have you ever heard the gambling term "dead cert"??

Yup please donate folks, even the smallest amout helps. I will be putting up a charity auction as well later this week too.

For those interested the fund total at the moment is just over £900 from both myself, family and friends and you guys !! Nearly 20% of the way there. MANY THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE DONATED AND ARE YET TO DONATE.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Oh yes I forgot about that !!

if you fancy a night camping with some rock music and fun thrown in... Looky below.........

v8op76.jpg

If the rock thing isn't your cup of tea you can still help by donating via Paypal to: davescharityride@gmail.com Please help to make a difference !!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Can I pay you at middlewood dave? I think you should auction yourself as a slave for the day!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE