Sponsored Walk in aid of Help For Heroes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Firstly, thanks to Tony for the ok to put this thread up on BCUK.

On the 27th July 2013, we ( I, the two boys, and a whole host of other people covering all age ranges and abilities) will be undertaking a sponsored walk in aid of Help For Heroes.

The event has been organised in it's entirety by my eldest, he planned the route which we he and i then proved, he has done his risk assessments, he has organised transport and located pick up points around the route, just in case any of the participants cant carry on due to exhaustion (important if it is going to be hot), blisters etc and he has even gone as far as writing to local landowners to make them aware of our presence on their land as a courtesy to them, plus a whole host of other measures to make the event go smoothly.

The walk will be over the South Downs between Lancing, Steyning & Worthing and is a shade over ten miles in length, and ok, it's not the longest walk in the world, but the walk is being undertaken, well lets just say, some of the participants have health issues, but they still want to be there to raise money for this more than worthy cause.

If you could find it in your heart to sponsor the event, even if it's just a couple of quid, then i know eldest would be more than grateful and i having met some of the servicemen and women this money helps in person, i know they are incredibly grateful of the public's ongoing generosity towards them.

To sponsor the event, please visit this web page (some of you already have) http://www.bmycharity.com/h4hwalk2013

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just so people are aware the above event was postponed on safety grounds on Friday evening due to the awful weather that was forecast for last Saturday, in the event the weather didnt turn up until later in the day, but all concerned felt it was far better to be safe than sorry, especially considering some of the participants have little to no outdoor experience.

The walk has now been rescheduled for Saturday 17th August 2013.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE