Mount Everest Base Camp for chariety - Please sonsor me if you can...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Hi all.

My name is Mike Lamper, I live in Brighton (UK) and work for Gala Coral. I am facing the challenge of a lifetime as I gear up to trek to Everest Base Camp for charity in October.

I'm 28, and I'm hoping this extreme challenge, which will see me trek 75 miles and ascending 2,700 metres up the world’s highest mountain, will raise at least £4k for the charity Sue Ryder Care.

After years of fooling myself that I was fitter than I am, I’ve decided to prove to myself that I can do something of this magnitude - even if it kills me!

I see this trip as not only a personal challenge but as a way to make some friends for life while raising vital funds for a great cause such as Sue Ryder Care.

Sue Ryder Care provides expert and compassionate care to people living with conditions including cancer, multiple sclerosis, stroke and Huntington’s Disease. Through a number of ongoing initiatives my work (Gala Coral) is aiming to raise £1million by 2010 to help the charity continue to provide care that liberates lives in 14 care centres and community-based services across the UK.

I will be part of a 25-strong Gala Coral team who are all hoping to raise money for Sue Ryder Care. Our adventurous trek, which can cause mountain altitude sickness, DVTs and dehydration, will commence at Lukla on October 16 and finish at Everest Base Camp on November 3.

To sponsor me, all you have to do is visit his online fundraising page at http://www.justgiving.com/mikelamper.

Your donations will really make a difference:
• £7.50 pays for a stress-relieving complementary therapy session for someone with cancer
• £15 provides a half hour physiotherapy session for someone with multiple sclerosis to help increase their mobility
• £50 pays for a programme of bereavement sessions to help people cope with loss
• £300 covers the daily cost of running a hospice bed
• £500 pays for 24 hour expert nursing at one of our long-term neurological care centres
• £750 pays for equipment to help someone with cancer manage their pain
• £1,500 covers the weekly cost of running a clinic at a Sue Ryder Care hospice to relieve the symptoms of lymphoedema - a painful side effect of cancer treatments
• £4,500 covers the daily cost of running one of our long-term neurological care centres which provide residential care for people with challenging conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Huntington's disease and stroke.
• £5,500 covers the daily cost of running one of our hospices

You can pay by credit or debit card, and the money will go directly to Sue Ryder Care. Where supporters are UK taxpayers, the charity will automatically receive 28% extra in Gift Aid, which makes Justgiving the most efficient way of sponsoring me.

Thank you in advance for you support and I will of course keep you all up today whilst on the trip and when I get back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE