Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I am thinking of making myself a good walking staff

Can anybody post some photos please so I can see what you have made

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Andy T makes some great walking staffs I am sure he will have some pics. I have seen one that he made for Karl82 and it is fantastic, well worth dropping him a pm if he doesnt post here.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Here ya go. Curly bit of tree I nabbed from the UK and dried out then carved a woodnymph into (That's Swiss Normandy in the background in the first shot)

Hope it gives you some inspiration to have a go. Second endorsement for Andy T's work too.

staff5_by_bikerbloke-d2zweh6.jpg

http://bikerbloke.deviantart.com/gallery/26729570

More images at the link above. Thanks for looking.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Thank you for the recommendations lads it really means alot to me and i appreciate it. Steve48 if you want to see just how good walking sticks/staffs can be, have a look on you tube for a video called "new staff av1" or for another called "dragon staff" both are absolutely stunning, much better than anything i can do, although i am working on one at the moment thats loosely based on the dragon staff that im hoping won't be too far behind it. It will be finished in a month or so and i'll put some pics up then. One small piece of advice, carving patterns or designs onto a staff is much easier than using antler inlay to form the design, as i've been finding out over the last month.

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
no worries andy well desrved mate, im sure steve48 would like to see some pics of your other stuff :)

Aaron, thats a cracking find. and the artist in you definately shows with that lovely carving, she's lovely!

Biker

Da-yam! Love that celtic knotwork band and the wider Art Nouveau sections in pix 3 & 4! That's really impressive! Gonna have to try something like that meself sometime.

Woodspirits, thanks for the kind words mate. Yeah she turned out rather pretty I thought and not a hint of scowl or beard LOL! I went for the tranquil airy fairy Gaia Earth mother style rather than the "back off buddy! I have a wand and I'm not afraid to use it!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE