Vikings!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Watched it!

Excellent series, sadly, its only goint to run for 3 episodes, but well worth the watch!

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I really enjoyed it too. Some of the archaeological sites there were very impressive, quite eerie. And that Viking ship is just stunning. I also found it interesting that there were people there still today offering gifts to the Norse gods such as that little Mjollnir tied to the tree. Fascinating!

As for Neil's jacket. I want one!

Sent from my phone.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Found out from recent genetic evidence discovered via many medical examinations which strongly suggests that I hail from Scandinavian Ancestry.
So chances are I am a viking::viking::pirate::canoe: and when I die, blade in hand, will swill mead in valhalla with Odin and Thor!

Another good documentary, blood of the vikings is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJQFFux8jMc&playnext=1&list=PLF589186FF8B8948E&feature=results_video

If anyone has any viking links I would be interested in sneaking a peek.

[If you dont post any I may come and pillage your village]

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Thor was the protective patron of the peaceful community, farmers and artisans, who worked every daylight hour to feed their families and looked to others to keep their lives secure.

That seems like much better company than warriors that drink all night and fight all day to me.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
In otherwords, the boring one.

Give me Odin, (and Loki, oh yes, Loki...) Who seeks after knowlege and is a Saami shaman.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
You won't find Thor in Valhol, he has his own hall and that's where I would prefer to go.

Who do I have to slay to get into that one? :beerchug:

You two have just made me imagine one hell of a bouncer on that door,
"sorry gov you aint coming in!" - Bouncer
"Why?" say's the rejected patron.
"Why, Because your a bloody Kracken that's way" - Bouncer.
Fight ensues, followed by the bouncer using a Kracken sized cuttlefish bone for his dragon in a buggy cage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE