Viking turnshoe high boots with a twist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Great boots again.

Last kingdom... Painfully bad.

I just wish they would stop trying to associate these kind of fantasy/game of thrones wanabees with real history.

If they made as bad a job of making a film about either of the world wars there would be an outcry but just because the they can't be bothered to do as much research as picking up a children's book on the Vikings we have to listen to uninformed bletherers that say "It's only a story..."

Well in my opinion, if you put a date and a place in your title frames, then it should at least try to be historically accurate.

bang on, good man! put much better than I could manage earlier, ranting whilst in the process of carving a donkey just doesn't work :lmao:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Lovely boots!

One of my sons is now refusing to be in the same room as me when watching The Last Kingdom , my ranting totally freaks him out. Apart from the staggering inaccuracies my main hate is the back sheath the hero carries Apart from the historically aspects how the hell is is arm long enough to draw it? They normally avoid him doing it in shot and the one time I've seen him do it I'm pretty damn sure it's was a specially short version of his silly sword that suddenly lengthens in the next shot.

I'll stop now, I'm already being treated for high blood pressure....

atb

tom

DogRose

Forager
Apr 19, 2015
Isle of Wight
Sweet boots, very stylish and the tooling definitely adds to them. I also really like the leather toggles- a simple and clever solution. Can you replace the soles when they wear out?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Lovely boots!

One of my sons is now refusing to be in the same room as me when watching The Last Kingdom , my ranting totally freaks him out. Apart from the staggering inaccuracies my main hate is the back sheath the hero carries Apart from the historically aspects how the hell is is arm long enough to draw it? They normally avoid him doing it in shot and the one time I've seen him do it I'm pretty damn sure it's was a specially short version of his silly sword that suddenly lengthens in the next shot.

atb

tom

It probably handles like a pig too.

Amber weighs a lot less than steel so not much use as a sword pomel.

Geebe

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2012
Dublin
I'm thinking of giving them a coat of a rubber/cement mix to make them last a little longer and add grip

Cool, I used 'McNett GEAR AID Freesole Shoe & Boot Repair' recently to fix a pair of hiking boots. Could be worth a try. I got it on Ebay.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
You've outdone yourself Hamish... splendid bit of kit. Look forward to seeing how they wear over time and no doubt some dapper Nordic market shots of them!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Thanks again fopr the kind words folks :)

Lovely boots!

atb

tom

haha I get repeatedly told to shut up whilst it's on, the latest was because I was so impressed he hadn't snagged his sword on curtains whilst getting through a doorway, I bet he had to practice that several times ;)

Sweet boots, very stylish and the tooling definitely adds to them. I also really like the leather toggles- a simple and clever solution. Can you replace the soles when they wear out?

Thanks, the beauty of making your own gear is that you can easily take it apart and fix it up so yes I can replace the soles whenever I like :)

Cool, I used 'McNett GEAR AID Freesole Shoe & Boot Repair' recently to fix a pair of hiking boots. Could be worth a try. I got it on Ebay.

Thanks I'll check that out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE