Vesto Wood-gas stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
If you look at the PDF/Word literature there is a few pics of people using them. Certianly looks pretty big. 25l is day rucksack kind of volume.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Mighound like a daft question but they don't have a battery powered fan or anything stupid to they?

I have seen a few small wood stoves that need batteries:rolleyes: and thats just not happening IMO.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Mighound like a daft question but they don't have a battery powered fan or anything stupid to they?

I have seen a few small wood stoves that need batteries:rolleyes: and thats just not happening IMO.

Hi,

Not it has no battery power. I was thinking of using it (when not using an open fire) around a camp (5-days fixed) rather than it as a back-packing one. For cooking for 5 people. Looks quite good. Very efficient. Cheap too.........

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Like you I thought it was fan/battery powered, one of the photos shows a wee fan, maybe it turns with convection ?

Nick

1 of the shots looks like a fan at the bottom but I think it's actually the way the vents are formed to create a swirling vortex as the air is drawn up.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Hi,

Not it has no battery power. I was thinking of using it (when not using an open fire) around a camp (5-days fixed) rather than it as a back-packing one. For cooking for 5 people. Looks quite good. Very efficient. Cheap too.........

I am gonna try and get a sample shipped so I can test it. I'll let you know how I get on

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
After watching one of the videos, it seems that the vane at the bottom doesn't turn but makes the airflow swirl to get a vortex in the burn. They look huge, but they would make a great stove for a large group of four or five people.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
After watching one of the videos, it seems that the vane at the bottom doesn't turn but makes the airflow swirl to get a vortex in the burn. They look huge, but they would make a great stove for a large group of four or five people.

Have sent them an email but after a week or so they have not responded :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE